Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sick People page 2

CrazyCatLady is offline Member
    Shop Now
    For Asthma, I tell them to cut the Tylenol. My son had "viral induced" asthma. But then I heard a report on NPR about Tylenol causing asthma attacks in kids, so I no longer keep it in the house. My son has been sick since, and taken pain reliever, but not Tylenol. He has not had an asthma attack since.

MarkHolland is offline Banned
    Glucocorticoids are generally considered the most effective treatment available for long term control of asthma.

Thanks!

EyeOfRound is offline Senior Member
    Eh, I still get sick on occasion, primal is not the magic cure-all some people want to make it out to be. Sure, if I never left my house, I'd never get sick again, but I'm in contact with dozens of sick people daily, so I consider getting sick 2-3x/year to be pretty good.

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahChzBurg View Post
    When people at your work are sick, or friends post about their kids having ANOTHER bout with asthma, do you ever just want to say "CUT THE GRAINS ANd SUGAR?"

How do you refrain?! For me, today, it was coming here to post this!

--
    Sarah
    Sugar Land, TX
    see Robb Wolf's take in my signature
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food.” Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeOfRound View Post
    Eh, I still get sick on occasion, primal is not the magic cure-all some people want to make it out to be. Sure, if I never left my house, I'd never get sick again, but I'm in contact with dozens of sick people daily, so I consider getting sick 2-3x/year to be pretty good.
    Same here. I get sick less often, but being that I'm around various creatures' poop (human, bird, dog, cat, rodent) and have some of the sickest members of the public breathing on me all day, avoiding illness completely is just a fantasy.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Unicorn is offline Senior Member
    Well, one kid is fully gluten and dairy free. The other is 80% GF. We all still get sick, and both kids have a long history of respiratory issues. Diet helps, but it isn't everything.

keithpowers is offline Senior Member
    You know, killing them would prevent future illness.
    Peak weight on Standard American Diet: 316.8 lbs
    Initial Weight When Starting Primal: 275 lbs
    Current weight: 210.8 lbs
    Goal weight: 220 lbs (or less): MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

The way "ChooseMyPlate.gov" should have looked:
    ChooseMyPlate

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Primal can help, but it's not the magic cure-all. I've been doing primal for a couple of years now (and have been gluten-free for more than six) and I still have asthma. I still get colds sometimes.

I think we can really get to be self-righteous about our lifestyles and think that we know the solution to everyone's health issues, but the truth is that even the best nutrition and lifestyle won't cure everything, and even the most awesomely primal person can still get sick. It doesn't make you bulletproof, and lecturing people on their diet just makes you look like a jerk.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    While saying that primal will not cure asthma, my has improved dramatically since ditching the grains. I am talking enough my last perscription for my inhaler expired with refils left, which has never happened for me in the past. I did indulge on Thanskgiving and had a piece of carrot cake made with the Double Musky Inn's recipe and had difficulty breathing the following day...no more grains for me.
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

texas.grok is online now Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I struggle with this daily. It seems like everyone in my family is sick with something "chronic". I have friends younger than me by a good number of years that are on mulitiple medications both OTC and RX. I have tried to talk to them about it, they have seen my results. There is little else that I can do other than be prepared to talk to them if they come around.

As to the rest of the world? Fuck em.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast