Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should have died, time to change page 2

bostonwolf is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Ryan, if the texture of veggies messes with you, change the texture. Mash them, puree them, try them raw if possible. There are a lot of options.

Maybe even grab a vitamix and do some shakes so texture isn't an issue.

Good luck man and hope you feel better soon.
    ----------
    Primal since August 2012. CW: 317.
    1/8/13: 303.5 | 2/12/13: 298.5 | 2/26/13 295 | 3/07/2013 291.5

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonwolf View Post
    Ryan, if the texture of veggies messes with you, change the texture. Mash them, puree them, try them raw if possible. There are a lot of options.

Haha if I had that kind of money, I'd just get a blendtec. I love "Will it Blend" on youtube. Best marketing strategy for a blender ever.

RaeVynn is offline Senior Member
    Hi Ryan, welcome.

RE: veggies. If you hate them, don't eat them. Increase your intake of organ meats, and whatever fruit/veggies (tomatoes) you do enjoy. How are you with fish, like salmon?

If you are feeling adventurous, you might throw some dark green leafies in a blender with a banana, a handful of frozen berries, and some water. If that works, gradually increase the ratio of green:fruit. If it doesn't, oh well. Back to eating some liver.

Do you have other health issues, beyond this apparently unexpected event?

anna5 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bostonwolf View Post

I think it's irresponsible to give similar advice - many people have trouble digesting vegetables.

Quote Originally Posted by anna5 View Post
    I think it's irresponsible to give similar advice - many people have trouble digesting vegetables.
    I can digest them just fine, I just can't eat them unless they are finely shredded/mashed/worked into some other food where I don't even know they are there. It's really just the textures. Like carrots, I can do them in stew just fine, I can chew raw carrots just fine, I can not swallow that wet papertowel texture.

Tomatoes, I have to have them with something, either mixed in with hamburger (a whole tomato in a little less than a pound of hamburger) or a whole tomato in 4-6 scrambled eggs and even then by the time I get to the last few spoonfulls it's a bit hard to struggle through the texture as the tomatoes always find a way of seperating themself from the bulk of the eggs in my bowl haha.

I can do sparse bits of shredded lettuce on a taco, but actually lettuce gets me congested, if I put a very moderate amount (a few mm) on 3 tacos, by the time I'm half way through the 2nd taco I'm all snotty and breathing through my mouth... I'm not allergic to it, because I can sneak it into fresh salsa in considerably quantity and it doesn't do that so I dunno. My body is just strange.

Note, it's currently taking DAYS for my posts to get approved by moderators. For some reason every post of mine requires moderator approval and no one can/will tell me if/when this will be fixed. Please be patient with me if you ask me something.
    -Ryan Mercer my blog and Genco Peptides my small biz

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by workinprogress View Post
    Fortunately most of the vegetables you like are high in Potassium. You might try some juicing, if the flavors without the texture appeal to you then maybe you can move onto the whole vegetable. Also I like making soups using an immersion blender. You can take most any vegetable, boil it in chicken stock, blend with the immersion blender and add cream or half and half to taste.
    A favorite with my family is to use red potatoes or yukon golds and leeks, trim the darkest part of the green from the leeks, cook til soft and proceed as above.
    I second this. Blend the shit out of them, and add them to everything. You can make soups, stews, and chili that are mostly vegetable content this way, without issues of texture. One of my favorite things is cream-cheese stuffed bacon-wrapped jalapenos - and the stuffing can be mostly meat or blended vegetables or whatever you want. I don't think it's a travesty to not be able to eat vegetables if you have to mash them, just mash them and eat them, at least you are getting them in. I love my immersion blender, it's freaking powerful, easy to clean (way easier than a regular blender), you can do so much with it.

I would say to buy every vegetable you can get your hands on and try many preparation methods to find which texture works for you, but that is probably cost prohibitive (as it is for me, too bad veggies cost relatively so much compared to junk food).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12