Thread: Primal Convert :D page

PrimalGains is offline Junior Member

Thumbs up Primal Convert :D

Shop Now
    Hi all,

I've been eating 90% primal for just over two weeks now and I'm feeling great, I have more energy during the day and when workout out and my sleep is improving day by day (or night by night).

I came across primal/paleo after using Leangains to lose a good amount of weight (88-78kg), increasing strength and muscle, whilst also learning a lot about food and nutrition. I now loosely follow Leangains principles whilst eating predominantly primal and maintaining a healthy weight (80kg).

16/8 daily fast: 12pm-8pm (+/- 1-2 hours)
    Post workout re-feeds: High carb meals following heavy weight training (2x week) and generally low-mod carb on rest days.

Last night I made an awesome sweet potato and parsnip mash with a side of lean grass fed steak

Gary Conway is offline Senior Member
    Hi! I like the Leangains approach to fasting, it's got a good balance. I want experiment with some longer fasts as well and see how they work out. Where in the UK are you from?

lordgrover is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Have you tried avoiding the post-workout high-carb re-feeds?
    I don't train hard enough these days to justify the sweet potatoes and wild rice and haven't missed it. I stick to the fibrous carbs pretty much solely these days.