Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Butter or coconut fat page 3

Natureman Guest
    I know a guy in Kentucky who lost a ton of weight and now looks great and he follow s low carb-high fat diet. He gave me this site with info about the lchf diet. Sounds like the primal blueprint to me. LCHF for beginners | DietDoctor.com

Quote Originally Posted by Natureman View Post
    Are you joking or a troll??? Have you nor read The Primal Blueprint? Low carbs amigo. That's why I am asking.
    Says the guy with 14 posts...

Primal is NOT low carb. You can choose to go low carb or not, but it's not specifically part of the WOL unless you are trying to specifically shed weight; for that, Mark does recommend watching carbs. However, if someone has a high level of activity it may be better to have those carbs. Primal is not one size fits all, and everyone can take the framework and adapt it to what works for them.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Are you joking or a troll??? Have you nor read The Primal Blueprint? Low carbs amigo. That's why I am asking.
    neither joking nor trolling. avoid sweet potatoes and fruit like the plague, and pound the fat. hope it works!

Natureman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    Says the guy with 14 posts...

Primal is NOT low carb. You can choose to go low carb or not, but it's not specifically part of the WOL unless you are trying to specifically shed weight; for that, Mark does recommend watching carbs. However, if someone has a high level of activity it may be better to have those carbs. Primal is not one size fits all, and everyone can take the framework and adapt it to what works for them.
    Why is it that there always has to be at least one smart ass on forums?? 14 posts but you know nothing about me nor my education or training.

Natureman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    neither joking nor trolling. avoid sweet potatoes and fruit like the plague, and pound the fat. hope it works!
    Thanks Jakey. I bought some great butter and coconut fat today. My wife thinks I am crazy because saturated fat is to be avoided in her opinion like the plague.

Why is it that there always has to be at least one smart ass on forums?? 14 posts but you know nothing about me nor my education or training.
    Doesn't matter, you're mis-representing what Primal is and what Mark has written. Please cite where Mark says you must be low-carb, if you're so confident that that's what Primal is all about.

And you know nothing about me, my education, my training. So there, how's that for being hoist with your own petard?

Natureman Guest
    I am one of those people who does not have to lose weight. I'm trying to add weight by putting muscle on. I usually eat between 100 to 150g of carbs a day plus I practice Aikido 3 to 4 times a week. It sounds like some on the forum go against what the primal blueprint says which is low carbs.

It seems like some think a person need to up their carbs if they want to put on muscle and weight while others are saying more fat and protein. What gives?

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Because there's not one single way to do things. People are adding in with what has worked for them and what they've read.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I am one of those people who does not have to lose weight. I'm trying to add weight by putting muscle on. I usually eat between 100 to 150g of carbs a day plus I practice Aikido 3 to 4 times a week. It sounds like some on the forum go against what the primal blueprint says which is low carbs.

It seems like some think a person need to up their carbs if they want to put on muscle and weight while others are saying more fat and protein. What gives?
    Again, please cite where Mark says that Primal is low carb.

In all likelihood, when you cut out grains and processed foods, your carb intake wil be much lower than a person following the SAD.

There are some folks who follow the Primal WOL who routinely consume <100 g. carbs/day, who consume your 100-150 g. carbs/day, or who may consume >150 g. carbs regularly. The driver of health is not an arbitrary carb limit. It's more about eliminating bad quality foods and bad lifestyle habits, and replacing them with good ones. How many carbs you eat should adhere more closely to your level of activity.

If you have any other questions about the Primal WOL, read the books, or consult other posters here. They will be glad to help you. I must leave now. Buh bye!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123