Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Butter or coconut fat page 2

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I like both too but I find my sense of which tastes better changes. Sometimes I am craving one and sometimes the other. Then there are some times that one or the other just doesn't appeal at all. It would be interesting to explore the biochemical mechanisms behind those changes.
    What sort of coconut oil do you use? I don't get any allergic reactions from extra virgin, so I've just been using that because it's a lot cheaper at Trader Joe's. If there are some superior tasting coconut oils out there, I'm all for a change though.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpamix View Post
    What sort of coconut oil do you use? I don't get any allergic reactions from extra virgin, so I've just been using that because it's a lot cheaper at Trader Joe's. If there are some superior tasting coconut oils out there, I'm all for a change though.
    I use Nutiva brand which I find at Sprouts or Whole Paycheck.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Haha, Whole Paycheck. Thanks, I'll buy that next time I'm at Sprouts.
    Longing is the agony of the nearness of the distant

Chris_H is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I use Nutiva brand which I find at Sprouts or Whole Paycheck.
    Get on Nutiva's website. They run some really good deals from time to time and typically send out an email once a week with a combo package. Last weeks was 1/2gal of EVCO and some coconut manna, hemp and chia seeds for like $50 or something, free shipping to boot.
    Male, 32y, 6'0" tall
    SW 306lbs (6/1/12)
    CW 244lbs (1/17/13)

BP down from 120/80 to 110/74

Natureman Guest
    Thanks to everyone! I think I'll go with the butter first. I read that if one is doing the paleo and is still hungry it could possibly be from not eating enough fat.

True that. Hunger isn't really an issue since bulletproof coffee and KerryGold.

jakey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Natureman View Post
    I think I need to get more fat in my diet because I am craving bread and other processed carbs and I read that could be because one is not getting enough fat in their diet.
    craving bread & processed carbs because you're not getting enough fat? did it ever occur to you that it's because you're not getting enough carbs? seems like less of a jump, to me.

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    I prefer butter myself.

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    Good point. I'm on a lo CHO for health reasons and found it necessary to incl. in a bit more. In my case that was the key-more CHO that is, as opposed to even more fat.

Natureman Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by jakey View Post
    craving bread & processed carbs because you're not getting enough fat? did it ever occur to you that it's because you're not getting enough carbs? seems like less of a jump, to me.
    Are you joking or a troll??? Have you nor read The Primal Blueprint? Low carbs amigo. That's why I am asking.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast