Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Training 6 days a week page

Shane. is offline Junior Member

Training 6 days a week

Primal Fuel
    Basically I have tried and tested various routines and plans and it seems to me its better to split up the workouts rather than trying to cram too much into one hit. I figure if I could train 6 times a week but different types of training this should be ok?

Monday: Krav session (cardio/conditioning circuits)
    Tuesday: 5x5 Squats & OH Press. 5xfailure pull ups
    Wednesday: Core circuit: Plank, side plank, russian twist, crunches & L sits
    Thursday: Krav session (cardio/conditioning circuits)
    Friday: 5x5 Bench press, Squats & deadlifts
    Saturday: Core circuit: Plank, side plank, russian twist, crunches & L sits
    Sunday: Rest

I do go for a half hour walk/jog with the dog in the mornings but its light paced so no real strain. I think this coupled with my fairly high protein diet would work as the strength days should take around 45 mins and the ab stuff probably 10-15 mins and that doesn't seem a great deal? Feed back please

Thanks

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Really, you just have to be aware of how your body feels- if you feel exhausted every day, if you don't want to go do your workout, etc- these are signs of over training. Maybe what your doing now is fine, but as you add weight in your lifts it may become too much to recover from. No one can really tell you how your body is recovering but you.

counterpuncher is offline Senior Member
    ^Agreed.^
    If you keep your workouts short and intense, and eat and sleep well, you shouldn't have any problem.
    I'm 46, and I workout 6 days a week as well, but my longest workouts are one hour boxing sessions, done twice a week.
    My strength sessions are 40 minutes each, twice a week, and I sprint twice a week for 15-20 minutes a session.
    I try to do enough to put a decent stress on my body, but not to the point where I'm exausted in every waking moment of the day.
    You should go by how you feel, and make adjustments based on that.

zilog is offline Senior Member
    Totally agree with the guys above. Try it and see. Make sure you are eating enough (especially after the lifting).

destructalux is offline Senior Member
    sounds good

iniQuity is offline Senior Member
    Why are you doing a "core circuit" the day after squats and deadlifts? Those two should be enough for all your "core" needs. Take a rest day, or practice some skill.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Unless he weights his planks, this works more like a stretch, so he is good. Though I wouldn't waste time with crunches and L-sits at all after deadlifts and squats. Normally, once lifts get heavy enough on 5x5 most people start dropping the "OMG, I gotta do this and that" anyway.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    If you do squats, deadlift and press what need is there for core circuits? I'd take a rest day instead.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Yes, no need for overdoing the core, because doing that may stress your CNS too much and you'll get a "burn out". Be careful with Squats and Deadlift for this reason...

Shane. is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I was thinking the core circuit purely to help building the better looking abs tbh I'm not looking for the extra lean look but a natural looking 6 pack/v shape wouldn't be a bad thing. The lifting is from mda so short and straight to the point.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast