Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Muscles soreness page

Shane. is offline Junior Member

Muscle sorness

Just wondering what methods actually work to help muscle repair? I know plenty of rest but I mean short term if you get a particuarlly tough session which really aches. Compression gear seems to have hit and miss reviews and short of pain killers I have no idea.
    Last edited by Shane.; 12-03-2012 at 05:45 PM.

HopelessDreamer is offline Senior Member
    maybe a hot bath with epsom salt.

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Food and rest.
    And a walk.

Him
    Him is offline Senior Member
    Mild activity is the best I've found. Just be careful not to overdo things and add to the soreness.

cayla29s is offline Senior Member
    For me, rest, solid nutrition and once a month massage therapy. I also do epsom salt baths followed by a natural based muscle cream and I use a heating pad if necessary.

Also being aware of your body helps a lot. It's about knowing when not too push it.

Noctiluca is offline Senior Member
    For me, a hot shower, some rest, maybe some ibuprofen, and for a certain kind of pain/soreness/tightness (can't really explain how it's different from when I don't wrap) I do use ace bandages as a compression wrap. And then do some of the same work. Maybe not as hard, or as long but use the same muscles again.

Kingofturtles is offline Senior Member
    Pain kilers? Ibprofune? Should u be working out if it causes that much pain?

zilog is offline Senior Member
    If you're talking about DOMS, just man up and take it. IME you won't get it as bad or at all once your body is conditioned to exercise. Although I have found that stretching properly afterwards and foam rolling does help.

Baba is offline Member
    For me the amount of soreness is directly proportional to the number of reps I did. I could not detect any correletion with strength increase or muscle growth.
    So I have learned to up the weight or make the exercise more difficult and do fewer repetitions if I want less pain. YMMV.

primalrob is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    rest and good food are the best, but there's definitely something to supplementing with magnesium to help with the soreness. and, depending on how sore you are, a little active recovery can make it go away temporarily.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast