Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Wheat Belly author on Dr. Oz today page

otzi Guest

Wheat Belly author on Dr. Oz today

Primal Fuel
    Someone mentioned it last week. Should be good! Let us know what you think of the show, if you dare watch Dr. Oz...

VeggieLover is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Someone mentioned it last week. Should be good! Let us know what you think of the show, if you dare watch Dr. Oz...
    I just missed it but you can see some videos on his website.

Sneak Peek: Are You Addicted to Wheat? | The Dr. Oz Show

He included a bread recipe, looks good minus the bean flours.

Wheat Belly Bread | The Dr. Oz Show

MouthDR is offline Senior Member
    I'm sure they're going to butcher the show and twist words (I mean "edit") like they did with Gary Taubes.

RenegadeRN is offline Member
    I saw part of it and surprisingly Dr.Oz didn't skewer him like he did with Taubes. I thought it was overall well done , for the 1/2 I saw.
    On breaking out of the healthcare box..."Box? What box? Take cover, it's gonna get ugly... "

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I saw it and I thought it was pretty good. I am curious now though, what Dr. Oz might suggest to ppl from now on. He realized that he has been telling ppl to eat wheat in the past, so I am curious what he does from today forward. I thought Dr. Davis was well represented and I think got the message out there. They showed some ladies with drastic weight loss from just cutting wheat, so that is always a good visual to drive it home. Also said they reversed other problems as well.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Any time I've seen Dr. Davis interviewed by clueless idiots he totally mesmerizes them and they are speechless and fascinated, unable to twist his words. So far this appears to be the case with Dr. Oz's sneak peek of the interview. He's quite a genius in his ability to pack every word he says with the exact information he wants you to hear.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Moochy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MouthDR View Post
    I'm sure they're going to butcher the show and twist words (I mean "edit") like they did with Gary Taubes.
    Wouldn't be surprised at that at all. The Great Oz has to keep his $ponsors happy.
    Primal/Paleo is not for everyone, it's for those who have committed to understand.
    READ THE BOOK! ...as Robb Wolf says: "Trying to convince people to save their own ass will burn you out."

Vegetarians are the enemy of everything good and decent in the human spirit, and an affront to all I stand for -- the pure enjoyment of food.” Anthony Bourdain

and yes, calories DO count my little piggies

Dirlot is offline Senior Member
    Not only didnt he skewer it, he did a small study that supported it...all in all not bad for the Dr
    Eating primal is not a diet, it is a way of life.
    PS
    Don't forget to play!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirlot View Post
    Not only didnt he skewer it, he did a small study that supported it...all in all not bad for the Dr
    Shocking... Dr. Oz is going to have the Mainstream OFF Wheat???
    Because you know if it's on his show and he supports it, it can "be true" now...

Honestly... it would be kinda cool.
    At least people would stop acting like I'm the weird one with a "special needs" diet.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Nice! People at work are always talking about what Dr. Oz recommends and I keep my mouth shut, but everyone knows I'm primal. I can't wait for them to talk about this and for my response to be "He finally got something right!"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast