Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: No energy on Primal diet :( page 5

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Your heart rate is important. I do easy satisfying low-level cardio at a heart rate of around 105-125 bpm. Starch is certainly optimal post-workout and preferable to sugar if you are looking for lean gains. White rice is the best source of carbs for spiking your insulin post-workout and building muscle.

Starch pre-workout has more value for strength-building.

I'm doing both.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lucy1984 View Post
    This was part of the reason I left the primal way of eating last time. I was on it for months and never seemed to be able to switch from sugar-burner to fat burner...
    Any tips on what I can do nutritionally to give me some energy back?
    Lucy
    I'd try adding a bunch of coconut oil to your diet.

kot
    kot is offline Member
    when I was struggling with recovery issues a runner friend recommended "base training" low/med heart rate for long time/distance, for me at the time ment 120-130bpm and about run/walk 3-5mph. a month of that and my issues seem to have disapeared

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345