Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So... did your haircolor change? page

Reindeer is offline Senior Member

So... did your haircolor change?

I noticed something pretty neat with my hair since I started eating primal - my hair color actually begun to change. It used to be a light/medium brown, but this summer it automatically sun-bleached itself to the point where people asked me if I had dyed half of it blond. Now, in the winter, my hair color once again changed- it's now... black! You can still see the brown if you look closer, but I hardly even count as a brunette anymore.

Perhaps it helps that my hair is short so that I can actually see the changes but... I'm surprised, I really is. I can't think of what else than my transition to primal that could've caused it. Anyone else noticed it happening?

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    I think this is natural for those of Caucasian descent, I'm Asian so my hair is dark brown and will remain that way until I start going gray. I've seen a lot of people go blonder in summer then darker in winter as they no longer spend all day on the beach.
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    It's pretty normal, in my experience. In the summer, my hair does get lighter (when I was on swim teams as a kid, it was damn near white in the summer) and then darkens significantly in the winter, every year to a different degree. Have you started spending more time in the sun?

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    My beard is a lot darker since going Primal. It actually matches the hair on my head, rather than being a lighter brown color.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    Nope, every year just gets a bit grayer.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    When it's actually all my natural color (hit or miss, depending on my mood), it varies between dark blonde with white/ clear (no, I'm not exaggerating)/ pale blonde highlights in the summer and dishwater blonde in the winter.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    My very black hair becomes light brown if I stay in the sun too long, in general.

Ever since going Primal, I also stopped using conventional shampoo/conditioner and have been conditioning with lime juice. It has made my hair become soooooo soft

MarissaLinnea is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    My very black hair becomes light brown if I stay in the sun too long, in general.

Ever since going Primal, I also stopped using conventional shampoo/conditioner and have been conditioning with lime juice. It has made my hair become soooooo soft
    Condition with lime juice?? That sounds really interesting. What do you wash with now? I've considered doing this and not having to buy shampoo and conditioner anymore, but I worry about washing my hair because after a couple days it has a tendancy to get really oily.

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    If you google no poo you'll find lots of info. on transitioning to no shampoo. Many people say their hair is not greasy when no pooing even if it was when using shampoo. Mine was never greasy before but 18 months no poo, my hair is clean and shiny. I use conditioner ans water as a wash.

tomi is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I have to say my hair has gone through some big changes since going primal a year ago. Of course I have to add that I've also gone through menopause over the past 2 years as well - so Primal or Hormonal????

Whatever the cause - my hair went from mostly straight to curly like when I was kid - not "let it dry naturally and toss it with your fingers sexy/curly" -- nope. NOT that lucky! Unmanagably curly if I don't blow dry --- kinky in places and soft waves in others. I tend to think this is hormonal since this is what I had as a child.

Color however is much different since going primal. I'm 52 and was beginning to turn grey - from a sorta golden blonde with darker undertones. Now --- I'm a light brown with very little grey. Most people think I color my hair. I don't

And I use shampoo about every 3rd day - using only water or conditioner on the off poo days. Cheap stuff like Suave makes my hair come out silk soft and easy to fix. I love my hair --- and I've spent a lifetime hating it! So -- these are all good changes! Even my hair dresser (aka my sisters husband) says my hair is in great condition! He says "you're hair is loving this moist weather!" I say, "No, my hair is loving my new lifestyle".
    Last edited by tomi; 12-03-2012 at 09:23 PM.
    Read post #2626
    my motivation

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast