Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So... did your haircolor change? page 2

sakura_girl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MarissaLinnea View Post
    Condition with lime juice?? That sounds really interesting. What do you wash with now? I've considered doing this and not having to buy shampoo and conditioner anymore, but I worry about washing my hair because after a couple days it has a tendancy to get really oily.
    I buy a palm oil-based shampoo from Whole Foods. Not the cleanest, but my hair also gets pretty greasy and dandruff-y if I don't clean it well, and I found borax to worsen my dandruff problem a lot more than the shampoo. If I let the lime juice sit in my head for a while, it starts to burn/itch, which I heard is a good thing. But then again, I don't have the patience to condition, wait 10 minutes for it to take the full effect, so I just get by for my hair to be shiny

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    No shampoo or anything anymore. Just water. And now my hair is curly! Never had curly hair before Primal!

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Except for about 10 grey hairs at each temple, my hair is the same color it was in 1973. Freakin' good hair genes, thank you daddy dearest. Now if only I could have skipped his insanity gene.

I use what most would consider a harsh shampoo; no conditioner. When it needs trimming, I make two braids and cut off the ends. Low maintenance. Once a year, I get a good cut from a pro, and about once a year I dye it black.

Silvergirl is offline Senior Member
    No change to my already silver white color, but I have been losing a LOT lately
    Starting Primal June 2012 at 148.5lbs, goal weight in November 2012.
    Now 95lbs and holding.
    Primal, minus eggs, dairy and a myriad of other allergens.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I had some greys, was hoping that might stop or be less, but now I really can't tell because since losing some weight and actually caring about my appearance, I started doing some highlights, and she highlights it where the worst of the gray was so it just blends in now I think
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

ryanmercer is offline Senior Member
    When I was a kid and spent pretty much every minute of daylight outside in the summer, my hair would be blonde, in the fall it would be a milk chocolate brown... as an adult that's stuck inside pretty much every hour of daylight my hair is often mistaken for black.

Reindeer is offline Senior Member
    Well the funny thing is that it never used to bleach in the summer at all - at least not particularly noticeable. I spent a lot of time in the sunlight as a kid and never got more than maybe a slightly lighter streak or to. Last summer however, entire parts of my hair had a vastly different color that it ever had before. And now it is considerably darker than it ever have been, too.

Interesting to see that so many people share the experience.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Dirty dishwater color as usual. Frizzy, thin, fine-textured, does not hold a curl and lately has such bad seborrhea that it was falling out in clumps. And no, I'm very high carb at the moment thank you for your unfounded concern.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    No shampoo or anything anymore. Just water. And now my hair is curly! Never had curly hair before Primal!
    Same here re: curliness. Could be a symptom of mercury detox in my case. Mostly curly at the back and a bit wavy at the front.

I still use shampoo but only need to wash my hair about once every 4-5 days.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12