Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Primal Journal (School Of Grok) page 7

SchoolOfGrok is offline Member
    Day 57/365

Decided today that I'm starting a Whole 30. I could go without alcohol for a bit. Busy February coming up at work... wife and I will be on opposite schedules... going to Florida in March. Aside from feeling good about hitting the beach/pool, I could use a totally clear mind, which is what a Whole 30 is most beneficial for (and great sleep!)

So day 87 will be final day.

Today:

coffee

bacon meatloaf (leftovers), sweet potato

Not a big meal... not too hungry today. Will hit the gym tomorrow again for the first time in a few.

Day 58/365

Whole 30 attempt... day 2. Lots of sleep last night, so didn't get the gym.

Another fast through most of the day. Just one meal and a few coffees.

coffee

chicken wings (homemade... no bad sauce!)

more coffee

Days 59 & 60 - FAIL

Let's just forget that happened. Stayed pretty good for most of Wednesday... Then blew it at night. Beer, pizza, chicken tenders, dessert. Directly carried over to yesterday. Beer, Chinese food... Just horrible.

Really have to push the reset button and remember what I'm after. Old habits die hard and it holds true here. Every time I make some progress (get below 230) I go right back up with a pat on the back in the form of beer and bad
    Food. Of course it's not like I'm never going to eat some junk food, but have to break through the barrier of eating like that on days off. Starts with having a solid routine which I haven't really had in about 10 months (moved last summer).

Get up earlier, get to the gym regularly, keep the big picture in mind, don't get too up or down over short-term progress.

Whole 30 is off... Bad idea anyway. Was not prepared to take it on.

Days 61/62/63

Still struggling through the weekend. Busy and a weird schedule has kept me off routine, but things settling down tomorrow (Monday)

I have stayed pretty good over the last few days, but not where I need to be. Just read my first post on this journal and it's pretty clear I am sliding back to where I swore I wouldn't go. Needs to stop now... and it will. This latest snag is just that... a few bad days in the grand scheme. Will not take long to regain form, just need to want it.

Forcing myself to get up before 9 am tomorrow, gym before 10 am. Off you go.

Day 64/365
    234 lbs.

Actually not as much damage as I thought over the last 5 or so days. Definitely a good re-start on Monday. Got back to the gym for some heavy lifting. Already feel better... slept better on Monday night.

coffee

2 burger patties with spinach, apple

piece of key lime pie (paleo)

WORKOUT
    deadlift - 245/235/225
    chin ups - 4/5(25 lb assist)/6 (40)

Day 65/365

coffee

protein smoothie (protein, almond milk, spinach, banana, almond butter)

two burger patties w/ spinach, mustard

pea soup

Shouldn't have eaten the soup late night. Could have gone without it, and not primal. Got to the gym again... which is good. Building the habits again. Noticed that I have done the same thing each month: beginning of the month, done well. Slipped a bit... then binge for a few days at the end of the month. It totally negates any progress... FAIL. Have to realize the issue and stick with the good habits. No work on WED/THURS and will get to the gym both days. Main goal of both days off: No beer.

Day 66 & 67/365

Both good days but really busy so making it a quick post.

day 66
    coffee

chipotle salad

apple w/ almond butter

steak w/ salad

key lime pie (paleo)

2 glasses of red

day 67

coffee w/ coconut oil

burger patties w/ blue cheese and hot sauce

2 glasses of red

Got to the gym both days for heavy lifts. Feel really good. Weight back right at 230... and it's the START of the work week (usually this happens at end of work week, then drinking/snacking ensues and it F's things up). NO BEER on my last two days off... so that's great too. Ready to settle in for a blizzard of epic proportions.

Day 68/365
    230 lbs

Coffee w/ coconut oil

eggs w/ sausage

burgers w/ blue cheese

pizza, coke zero

Mostly a good day. Got to the gym again... but obviously the pizza/coke zero not primal. Stuck inside with the storm. Certainly could be worse than a few pieces of frozen pizza. Biggest thing is have to start drinking more water and have been drinking entirely too much diet soda lately.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Day 69/365

SNOWED IN! Actually got a great workout by shoveling my entire driveway... snow deadlifts for 3.5 hours basically. Strayed again at night because I feel like I earned a couple of beers for what I did all day! Staying motivated in the winter is definitely the biggest challenge to this whole process right now. Not beating myself up over it... just gotta make better choices more often.

Coffee

3 eggs, sausage

beers, 1/2 frozen pizza

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567