Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: kettlebell fatloss workout I can do in my apartment page

PookDo is offline Senior Member

kettlebell fatloss workout I can do in my apartment

Shop Now
    I have both a 26 and 35 pound kettlebell and I am looking for a fatloss workout I can do in my apartment.Any suggestions?

DiabetesCanKissMyButt is offline Senior Member
    looks like there's some good routines posted on youtube you could follow

fit4lifegal is offline Member
    Also try Dragon Door... they have a bunch of DVD's
    Not sure of your gender - but Kettlebell Goddess has good reviews...

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    cant you go outside your apartment to use them?? nothin like good sunshine )

schadowrider is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fit4lifegal View Post
    Also try Dragon Door... they have a bunch of DVD's
    +1 on Dragon Door -- I picked up their "Enter the Kettlebell" dvd and book based on a recommendation on another MDA thread and they're great. I'm planning on spending a lot of time on just the "minimum" routines (swings and get-ups) getting comfortable with them. I have two similar weights: a 35 from Dragon Door (VERY well made) that I use for two handed swings, and a 25 (Fitness Gear -- not so well made but okay...) for single handed swings. For get-ups, I'm still just using a 15 pound to get the form nailed before I up the weight. I'm trying to get three sessions in a week, but it's usually only two. I'm doing the suggested routines from the book: a 12 minute swing session (4 minutes 2 handed -- I'm doing it tabata style... -- 2 minutes jogging -- 4 minutes alternating single handed, again tabata style -- and a 2 minute jog wrap-up; hoping someday to be able to do a solid 4 minutes on the swing sets) and a 5 minute get-up.

strom is offline Senior Member
    I really like the LifeLine kettlebells. Much cheaper than Dragondoors and very good quality.

DidNothingFatal is offline Senior Member
    Comrade, Pavel's Enter The Kettlebell is excellent, both DVD and book. I like Mike Mahler's DVDs his newsletter/magazine is worth signing up for too, the Fat Loss & Mental Toughness and KB for Size and Strength both have excellent exercises. The Kettlebell Bible is probably the most comprehensive text on the subject.

Best place for Kettlebell training is outside, either with the sun on you, rain and cold just add to your mental toughness. Also wear minimal footwear, I only train with KB wearing VFF's or Converse Chuck Taylors.
    Give them nothing! But, take from them everything!

bruce.b is offline Member
    A very simple and effective k'bell workout I sometimes do is two handed swings for 12 to 15 minutes, sets of 30 seconds of swings followed by 30 seconds of rest. Repeat until you've had enough. If the k'bell is fairly heavy it's a pretty tough workout to complete.

bruce b.

stevew is offline Member
    I'm tending to workout at home more often than going to the gym recently and I dont feel like I'm missing out on anything from my workouts. Every now and then I still go to the gym to do some deadlifts, pull ups, bench pressing etc just to keep the 'feel' of those exercises and maintain strength. KB workouts are just so time efficient.

For my home workouts I tend to do varied routine normally including 10 pass arounds each side, 20 swings, 5 clean and presses each side, ab roll outs, and then I muck around on my push up bars practising L-sits and going from them into a handstand. I do 3 or 4 sets of this.

I normally start with a few dumbbell exercises at the beginning to warm up (curls, shoulder press, kickbacks, lat raises etc) just fairly light but quick. For the circuit above I do one or two sets with a 24kg KB then when I'm warmed up enough I switch to a 32kg KB. I normally finish with some exercises either with dumbbells or KB and max out for reps. I tend to be fairly spontaneous in my workouts, if I get the urge to do some KB rows or TGU I just do them and get back to the rest of the workout.

RezH is offline Senior Member
    I've done Enter the Kettlebell, and it's true it is the best overall guide for kettlebell use. However, for ultimate conditioning, Viking Warrior Conditioning beats them all. It's centered around the KB snatch. Very intense, but advanced.

If you're not yet comfortable with KBs, go to Dragon Door and find a local RKC (KB trainer). For $40 or so, they will show you the correct technique on various exercises. Then you can really get into a beginner workout of getups and swings.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast