Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Week-long Fast page 10

Jesster is offline Member
    Shop Now
    That amount of protein would take a fair bit of digesting, especially in one big hit. I suppose if you were to chew it really well before swallowing then it would be a bit better. Just my thoughts....

I'd go for something nutritious and easy to digest. But then I very probably wouldn't fast for more than a day at a time!

Well done Chaz, you are doing fabulously. But as someone said earlier, in no way would you fail if you ate at this point. The black outs and shortness of breath worry me; and I don't even know you! Look after yourself!

Char Aznable is offline Member
    Thank you all for your support. I really appreciate it-- sincerely.

I've broken my fast. 8 days is enough, I think. My mood was sour and I was feeling really, really awful throughout the late morning. My stomach was in knots, churning and twitching like mad. I feel a little weak in doing so, but felt it prudent to throw in the towel.

Overall, this has been my longest fast. Before this I'd only managed a fast of 2 days or so. I feel pretty accomplished and, although I haven't met my weight and vital goals yet, proper nutrition and exercise (as well as the occasional fast) should do the job nicely.

Thanks for reading! For the foreseeable future, I'll be sure to keep updating this thread daily.

Sabine is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on doing such a great fast. I'll be very interested to read any updates on your blood pressure and the weight loss. That was almost 19 pounds in the eight days, right? How did you break your fast? Small and slow, or did you go big?

Thanks!

Yep, it was about 19 pounds. It's not as huge a difference as I'd like, but my pants are a little more baggy and I feel lighter, so it's all good.

I decided to take it slow. I had a spoonful of applesauce. I sat on that for a while and then had about 100 more calories of applesauce. It feels a little strange in my stomach and my head feels funny (probably a slight sugar rush, haha), but that's about it. No troubles to report on that front. Oh-- and my wife had set a nice, big pork shoulder to cook overnight in the crock pot, so I had a tiny nibble of that. It was delicious!

I'm going to go pick up a few things we forgot at the grocery store and just let my tummy mull over the applesauce for now. When I get back, I may have another small snack. If I'm feeling up to it, I'll have a normal-ish meal tonight.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Hi, I hope you are feeling well and recovering from your fast. You probably won't die if you eat a large meal after a fast, but it can damage your stomach and cause a lot of digestive upset.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Char Aznable View Post
    Yep, it was about 19 pounds.
    That is fantastic as is 8 days!! Great job!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Thanks! Just have to make sure I keep it off-- which, as I understand it, isn't too hard for fasters. When my glycogen stores have been topped off, I'll be hitting the gym!

AmyP is offline Member
    Congratulations on your accomplishment! I am impressed...may have to do a full day instead of my normal 20 hr a couple days of the week.

Please do keep posting because I am highly interested in how you do after the fast..if weight stays off, how your appetite is, how your emotional regard to food changes, etc..

Jesster is offline Member
    8 days! Blimey, that's good going. I am inspired to do 20 hours tomorrow now (well, that's plenty for me, I'm not mad you know)

Enjoy your apple sauce, you've earned it.

Diana Renata is offline Senior Member
    Well done, Char 8 days and 19 pounds is pretty darn good. You've got me toying with the idea of going longer than 72 hours, though I'm not completely sure yet.

You rock. Seriously.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast