Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152

Thread: The Super Secret Potato Project page 52

maigrey is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    It also shows me there are things the experts may be missing. I think you may be correct in thinking that a diet designed to keep starch/glucose/sugar at a minimum may actually cause unforeseen problems with insulin/glucose sensitivity.

Specifically, eliminating potatoes, bananas, bread, grains, and lentils removes almost entirely all sources of "resistant starch" from our lives. I agree it's good to limit the grains, but without the resistant starch, we may be causing harm to our intestines.

Please click: Resistant starch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The big tie-in with resistant starch and intestinal health is butyrate, Butyrate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Potatoes are probably one of the best sources of butyrate we can feed to our intestinal tenants. It is certainly a convincing argument for at least adding potatoes into my diet on a regular basis.

Look at the two links I provided and then Google "Potato Butyrate" or similar search terms.
    So, since green peas have 4.0 g of RS per cup, do you think we could add those to the potatoes without any detriments?

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by maigrey View Post
    So, since green peas have 4.0 g of RS per cup, do you think we could add those to the potatoes without any detriments?
    Green peas have a lot of sugar, but if you just ate a few peas alongside piles of potatoes, it would be fine. I actually think you could eat just about anything you wanted to on the potato diet as long as the calories are minimal, like under 5% of total for the day. Did you see new thread on this subject: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread96746.html

Blacksmith is offline Senior Member
    Interesting so far. Marking to finish reading.
    I find your lack of bacon disturbing.

Page 52 of 52 FirstFirst ... 242505152