Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast

Thread: The Super Secret Potato Project page 50

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    hehe, I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy
    For best results, see slightly more advanced process: For the Love of Cooking Oven Baked French Fries
    The recipe calls for crapola oil ... duck fat is infinitely better!!
    Oh thank you. Nice and detailed. I love Cooks Illustrated recipes. I have years of their magazines (hard bound collections) and a few of the cookbooks so I lose track of what recipes I even have.

Did you peel yours? I wasn't going to. I just went across the street and bought a beautiful (huge) organic potato. I also remembered I have some truffle salt. Sigh.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

FrenchFry is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Did you peel yours? I wasn't going to.
    yes I do: I meditate while I peel them + Idon't think the skin is really healthy ... but mostly, my kids like them peeled ... but you don't have to

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    I eat potatoes plain or just with some salt and red pepper flakes all the time. Delicious! Add some broth and mash 'em. Yum! Or, my favorite is to grate a baked potato and spread the grated potato out in a sort of thin layer on a baking sheet. Bake until nicely browned and crispy. Eat with hot sauce. Double yum! Fat is not necessary at all.
    Going to try your grated potatoes as well. Love the hot sauce idea. Like the old days at the diner dumping tobasco on my hash browns...that were probably doused in crap oil.

Thanks French Fry. I knew there was another site you mentioned. I may just take a little break from meat for a week. Love the stuff but the savings will be nice and I've avoided potatoes far too long.

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    Thanks French Fry. I knew there was another site you mentioned. I may just take a little break from meat for a week. Love the stuff but the savings will be nice and I've avoided potatoes far too long.
    Personally, I am not doing a potato hack but taters are cheap, and to avoid spending a fortune on meat every day, I eat a big chunk of beef liver once a week, with occasional mackerel / sardines or some ruminant meat in-between (more rarely pork or poultry). Beef liver is really cheap. I also do beef hearts once in a while. The thing is organ meat is so cheap, it's absurd! Of course, you've got to like these things ...

I forgot: I like eggs a lot!
    Last edited by FrenchFry; 09-04-2013 at 03:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by FrenchFry View Post
    Personally, I am not doing a potato hack but taters are cheap, and to avoid spending a fortune on meat every day, I eat a big chunk of beef liver once a week, with occasional mackerel / sardines or some ruminant meat in-between (more rarely pork or poultry). Beef liver is really cheap. I also do beef hearts once in a while. The thing is organ meat is so cheap, it's absurd! Of course, you've got to like these things ...

I forgot: I like eggs a lot!
    Yes, I like your version. I sort of like liver. I can eat it once a week. I had veal liver the other day. I have never had beef heart.

I did just rediscover smoked oysters and sardines after peeking in on the Peat thread. I also grabbed a can of smoked clams. Had the can for lunch. Oh my. I love eggs and have access to pastured eggs. I also just stocked up on Trader Joes grassfed ground beef.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Reading this now, I'm thinking about doing the potato hack again. Maybe next week.

Quote Originally Posted by diene View Post
    Reading this now, I'm thinking about doing the potato hack again. Maybe next week.
    I just did a huge cookup of a bunch of meaty stuff but as soon as I get through some of it, I'll freeze the rest and do the potato hack.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    AND..the french fries were awesome. I tossed them in a bowl with truffle salt and fresh rosemary chopped fine. Yum..

Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast