Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Super Secret Potato Project page 5

maladee is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Can I post my results here too?
    I have been eating taters, and sometimes a bowl of rice, everyday since 11-22, I have lost 10 lbs so far, weight has stalled I had a run in with a glass of wine LOL, but I am back on board, I was at 215 this morning I had rice late at night with soy sauce might have been too much salt, I started at 224, sooo I am happy with results.

I love my George foreman grill for making hash browns, works pretty good, I thank otzi for giving me the idea ,I do not have a waffle iron but this works just fine.

diene is offline Senior Member
    Weighed myself this morning--was 137. Pretty crazy, considering that I was 132 last Friday. I know that most, if not all, of that was water weight because I ate very little carbs last week (was trying to recover from Thanksgiving).
    Does fat-free broth slow the progress of this hack? I want to give this thing its best chance of success. Should I stop adding broth to my taters? This hack is kind of like voodoo to me so it's hard for me to figure out the parameters.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by maladee View Post
    Can I post my results here too?
    Of course you can!

@Serenity - I don't think that the fat free broth would cause any problems. Isn't it like 10 calories
    for a cup?

I wouldn't worry about it unless you're drinking 55 gallon oil drums full of it.

In other news, I finally get to post starting stats!

So, here they are, and get ready for DETAILED, cuz I like details, and, well,
    I stay at home with my kids and they're in school right now so it gives me even
    MORE TIME to be completely anal about statistics. Sue me.

Height: 5'3.5
    Starting Weight - 125.8

Day 1 - 12/3/12

M1 - coffee, 100g 2%milk, 15g heavy cream

M2 - microwaved russet potato w/salt - 330g

M3 - baked sweet potato wedges w/salt - 365g

Total Calories: 805.2

Macros:
    Protein: 18g
    Carbs: 164g
    Fat: 9g

Percentages - 9%/80%10% (ooh the vegan 80/10/10 people would be proud!)

Exercise:

Decided to ditch weight lifting yesterday as any muscle tearing would retain water, so
    I walked around instead. Will probably take the whole week off from lifting.

So I walked back and forth to school FOUR damn times, and also walked back and
    forth to Target. Then I gave the front yard a blow job (snicker) cuz this weekend's storm
    blew alllllll the leaves into our yard (we live at the bottom of a court).

Total steps: 15,038 = 7.5 miles

According to my BodyBugg, I burned 2258 calories yesterday, so that minus my cals eaten is
    a deficit of 1453. So it says.

I know that my maintenance calories have gone down from 1800 in 2007 to about 1500 THESE days,
    cuz I'm old(er), so I don't think BodyBugg takes such nonsense into consideration, but whatever. It's
    fun to have all the data anyway.

I usually don't weigh myself until I'm about to eat my first meal for the day, so I'll have to wait until
    later to see if I lost anything overnight and post up the stats tomorrow.

Julie

Mr. Anthony is offline Senior Member
    When I decided to do potatoes this week, I totally forgot I have a business lunch today and a social dinner event tonight, both of which will lead to very awkward conversations about why I'm not eating a ton of food (I always eat a ton of food, just primal stuff). I'll be fine sticking with the taters, just wanted to say thanks for injecting awkwardness into my week...

Just tell them that your stomach has been giving you problems lately so you
    have just been concentrating on bland starch..... as it has calmed your stomach
    down a LOT.

LIE Mr. Anthony, LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIEEEE!!!!

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    When I decided to do potatoes this week, I totally forgot I have a business lunch today and a social dinner event tonight, both of which will lead to very awkward conversations about why I'm not eating a ton of food (I always eat a ton of food, just primal stuff). I'll be fine sticking with the taters, just wanted to say thanks for injecting awkwardness into my week...
    When I was on a potato-diet, I had so many people saying, "I thought you were low-carb...what gives?" and "Hey, you don't eat potatoes!"

fuad12 is offline Junior Member
    Thanks for your post. InSearchOfAbs

Regards
    FUAD

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    When I was on a potato-diet, I had so many people saying, "I thought you were low-carb...what gives?" and "Hey, you don't eat potatoes!"

I heard that alot also. But I have been pretty good about back pedaling on many things I thought I knew. And I still don't know what I know.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    Yep, me too - been low carb or zero carb since 1996.

People are floored when they see me eating differently now.

I have to tell them that I finally figured out that low carb and zero
    carb weren't MAJIK, they were just satiating enough to keep calories
    low and stave off hunger.

Only took 16 years to figure out that CALORIES DO MATTER, for ME.

I have also learned that low fat works best for ME as well.

Not zero fat, but low.

@Maladee - good call on the George Foreman grill. I'm going to try that next.

While the waffle iron totally worked, it was kind of a pain to clean, AND, mine is
    super small, so that was annoying.

I think my George Foreman is actually non-stick, while my waffle iron says it is,
    BUT IT LIED.

Kitchenwrecker is offline Junior Member
    First time poster here, and tater joiner! Been primal since jan 2011 and have seen a lot of good health changes, but no weight loss. Actually, 15 lbs gain came with eating "moar fat" and I've finally realized that I do need to lower my fat intake and up my carbs while keeping with plants and animals.

So I've actually done the taters for 5 days on, and weekends off, for 2 weeks. Starting my 3rd week. My weight swings between 155.5-159 all week, and i seem to keep losing the same 3 lbs over again. My lowest weight is on Friday and Monday, even after eating high fat all weekend (I get in my egg yolks, sardines and chicken wings Then on Tuesday (after my first day back on all taters) it pops up to its highest @ 159, then slowly drops all week back down to 155-156.

I'm a wee bit disappointed so far, but I'll keep on keep-in on this week and see what happens. I'm a 5'6" female and would love to lose about 10-15 pounds and fit back into my jeans. I'm eating to satiety 3 meals a day, with nothing but taters, spices, wee bit o ketchup, vinegar, and fat free broth. I average around 1.3 kilos of taters...which in fitday comes out to around 1200 cal. I'd like to go lower, but I don't want to go so low my body thinks I'm really starving and mess up my already wonky metabolism even more..

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast