Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: The Super Secret Potato Project page 49

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    This thread made me curious so I am going to try it for five days and see how it goes. I am very skeptical it would work for me... But it would really be amazing if I could save money on food AND lose fat.

Journal: www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread87464.html
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Cool! Keep us updated for sure! EVERY.NUANCE.OR.ELSE.

Scared?

Good! Eat potatoes! RARR!

Julia

oceangrl is offline Senior Member
    I'm very curious as well. For me, potatoes are simply a vehicle for butter and/or roast fat which I think you don't do on the potato hack, correct? I don't think I would want to eat a potato only moistened with stock and a tsp of butter. I'd love to know how you prepare them and if you like them.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

FrenchFry is offline Senior Member
    You should really get inspiration at freetheanimal.com where the potato hackers have been creative!!

Here is my way for French fries:

You can make excellent oven-baked French fries (thus my alias name) by coating potato wedges with a thin layer of say slightly melted duck fat mixed with paprika powder, or garlic powder (whatever you like) and bake them at 200 C for ~ 30mn (at 15mn, toss them around). The result is really tasty. The guy at freetheanimal.com is doing something similar (with coconut oil in a wok for the thin fat coating of the wedges).

Potatoes are a whole meal on their own

French fry, the potato "diet" site I saw was EXTREMELY low fat. I am talking one tsp per whole baked Idaho. I can see where high carb and low fat makes sense, but it sounds unpallatable to me. Chicken stock just sounds wet.

However, I am totally going to make your fries since I happen to have some lovely duck fat in my fridge.

diene is offline Senior Member
    I eat potatoes plain or just with some salt and red pepper flakes all the time. Delicious! Add some broth and mash 'em. Yum! Or, my favorite is to grate a baked potato and spread the grated potato out in a sort of thin layer on a baking sheet. Bake until nicely browned and crispy. Eat with hot sauce. Double yum! Fat is not necessary at all.

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    However, I am totally going to make your fries since I happen to have some lovely duck fat in my fridge.
    Go for it!!!
    I use about 2 to 3 Tbsp of duck fat for a big batch of french fries (2 grown-ups and 2 kids, sometimes we don't finish them). I slowly melt it just enough so it is liquid but not cooked, mix some paprika and garlic powder, poor the melted fat on the wedges in a big bowl, cover it andshake the whole thing until it is spread evenly. Pre-heat the oven at 200 deg C (don't know in F), lay the wedges on a baking sheet (don't stack them all if you have too many, use 2 baking sheets instead). 30mn is about right. I have a convection oven by the way.

It's going to be dinner tonight and I have no intention of sharing.

Quote Originally Posted by oceangrl View Post
    It's going to be dinner tonight and I have no intention of sharing.
    hehe, I am sure you will thoroughly enjoy
    For best results, see slightly more advanced process: For the Love of Cooking Oven Baked French Fries
    The recipe calls for crapola oil ... duck fat is infinitely better!!

turquoisepassion is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Fries for dinner tonight!!
    ------
    HCLF: lean red meat, eggs, low-fat dairy, bone broth/gelatin, fruits, seafood, liver, small amount of starch (oatmeal, white rice, potatoes, carrots), small amount of saturated fat (butter/ghee/coconut/dark chocolate/cheese).

My Journal: gelatin experiments, vanity pictures, law school rants, recipe links

Food blog: GELATIN and BONE BROTH recipes

" The best things in life are free and the 2nd best are expensive!" - Coco Chanel

Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast