Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: The Super Secret Potato Project page 46

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by azger View Post
    Just an Update from me. I did 5 days of just potatos and lost 7 pounds, its been two weeks and have added in 1 pound of potatos a day into my normal eating, 1/2 pound at breakfast and 1/2 pound at dinner and eating paleo and have continued to lose in those two weeks 6 more pounds, I'm perfectly happy with that amount of weight loss.

For me eating nothing but potatos was a great reset after the holidays, when I go off the diet I usually go down hard and it's very hard to start back up with this I lose wight and get back on track quickly.
    oh wow! wtg!
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

These look great Healthy Roast Fingerlings with Lemon Recipe : Food Network Kitchens : Recipes : Food Network

I started freezing my lemons, and then just grating them into my water or whatever, and it is working great, so I can see doing these tators with grated lemon.

Hay (yes I know, it should be hey but I am a cowgirl) so anyways... Hay, next week, I am going to Alabama with DH while he is on business. I have been thinking what all food I could take, what will travel well (about 12 hour drive) and then I realized... what a perfect time for me to do a week of tators!! I could even do some variety ahead of time, like hashbrowns, right?

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    +1 for that potato and lemon combo.

A yummy potato salad recipe:

Boil some peeled potatoes with plenty of salt.

Drain potatoes, lay out on a board and squeeze a liberal quantity of lemon juice over them. Leave to cool.

Mix with heaps of fresh coriander leaves (cilantro) and finely sliced spring onions (scallions).
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

maladee is offline Member
    Wonderful recipe paleo bird, I made that last night very tasty.

FlyingPig is offline Senior Member
    She's a bunny, not a bird

Sounds good, I'll try that recipe too one day. I'm incorporating potatoes into my diet a lot more now, used to be pretty low carb primal, but like paleo-bunny I'm also more and more gravitating towards the Perfect Health Diet (midway through the book, an excellent read, although for newcomers the Primal Blueprint is still a better introduction I think)

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    Yes piggie, I'm a female bunny :-)

I agree that lower carb eating according to Primal Blueprint works well for leptin reset and accelerating fat loss for those with a lot of stubborn fat left to lose. I have about 10 lbs fat left to lose and have found that swapping super-healthy resistant starch for fat has boosted my BMR and has improved my body strength and health all round.

I ate low carb for too long. Am now finding a healthier balance.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

Regular zoo around here

maladee is offline Member

ops

Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    Yes piggie, I'm a female bunny :-)

I agree that lower carb eating according to Primal Blueprint works well for leptin reset and accelerating fat loss for those with a lot of stubborn fat left to lose. I have about 10 lbs fat left to lose and have found that swapping super-healthy resistant starch for fat has boosted my BMR and has improved my body strength and health all round.

I ate low carb for too long. Am now finding a healthier balance.
    sorry paleo bunny, do not know where bird came from, do you eat any fat or do you go no fat when eating this way I have a lot to lose.

Key Tones is offline Member
    Hi-I'm on day 8 of the potato hack. Down 8 pounds. I'm curious to see I get more mileage out of this.

I did something similar once before when I was 19; I lost 29 pounds in 30 days eating 5 potatoes per day (one every 3 hours) with a 1/2 cup of skim milk. It was gruesome. It is easier without the skim milk!

I've lost over 100 pounds on low carb but the last 20 pounds were impossible on LC - I ended up doing a protein-sparing modified fast, which I can't face again.

I am fascinated with this.

otzi Guest
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by Key Tones View Post
    Hi-I'm on day 8 of the potato hack. Down 8 pounds. I'm curious to see I get more mileage out of this.

I did something similar once before when I was 19; I lost 29 pounds in 30 days eating 5 potatoes per day (one every 3 hours) with a 1/2 cup of skim milk. It was gruesome. It is easier without the skim milk!

I've lost over 100 pounds on low carb but the last 20 pounds were impossible on LC - I ended up doing a protein-sparing modified fast, which I can't face again.

I am fascinated with this.
    Low carb is notorious for not working all the way to the end. After your run of potatoes, which shouldn't be over 2 weeks, you will find you can adjust your daily eating to include a potato or two and finally get rid of that last 10.

If you haven't, I'd suggest a read of the Perfect Health Diet - A diet for healing chronic disease, restoring youthful vitality, and achieving long life to give you better understanding of how to incorporate starches in your life and the right amounts. When I first heard about the Potato Diet, I'd do it then go right back to LC. Nowadays, I'm in the daily 100-200g carb range and don't think I will be doing the Potato Diet anytime soon.

Thanks for sharing! Good luck

Page 46 of 52 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast