Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast

Thread: The Super Secret Potato Project page 35

Lariaz is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Thanks for all the replies!

gopintos: Yes, I read that hyperlipid article- it's so great, really informative! I just was curious for some some n=1 evidence in support of what he suggests.

InSearchOfAbs: Thanks for your response! When your calorie intake drops too low, though, do you have any trouble losing weight? I find I tend to stall if I go too low.

Otzi: I'm mostly just curious about the seeming super-effectiveness of the potato diet, haha! I'm 5'1 and 107 lbs, and I already have trouble getting my calorie intake high enough, so it probably wouldn't be the best thing for me to do. (Unfortunately! After reading this thread all I want to eat is those hash browns with vinegar, hahaha!)

unchatenfrance is offline Senior Member
    Peeps: on day 2, feeling a little jittery this afternoon. Anybody else experience this?

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lariaz View Post
    Thanks for all the replies!

gopintos: Yes, I read that hyperlipid article- it's so great, really informative! I just was curious for some some n=1 evidence in support of what he suggests.

After reading this thread all I want to eat is those hash browns with vinegar, hahaha!)
    Well, there are the other tator threads, with lots of n=1 Feed the Animal dude, he was doing something also.

As far as eating hash browns, eat up!! The Perfect Health Dude recommends up to 1lb a day of safe starch. Up to 1lb of fruit a day. Total of about 600 of your calories from those sources. (400 starch, 200 fruit)
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

marthat is offline Senior Member
    After 1.5 days of almost exclusively potatoes, I've reached the "stuffed" satiety stage again. I ate meat and a bit of sauteed cabbage with mashed for supper, but could only manage a wee bit of each. And now I feel stuffed to the gills again. On about 800 cals - gotta love it!

I have a serving of mashed to finish up, but I'll likely be back to regular primal food tomorrow. Two days a week seems like a good balance for me.

Lariaz is offline Junior Member
    Ah, gopintos, I actually meant n=1 specifically regarding the effects of the potato diet on weight loss beyond what would normally be achieved via caloric restriction. Sorry, I should have been more specific!

Moe
    Moe is offline Junior Member
    Hi guys! Question for those of you who are good at the whole science side of things - thoughts on insulin resistance and the potato hack? I' have PCOS and IR (currently on 2000 mg of metformin daily). Primal along with the medication has helped me lose over 80kgs - but have stalled pretty badly over the last 6 months.

Would the insulin response be a bad thing for someone with insulin resistance? Generally we're told to eat a low and slow carbohydrate diet so while sweet potatos are still very much part of my diet, white potato and I said goodbye long ago (regretfully!).

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    It'll be a good way for you to gain weight and cause BG control issues. Why the hell wd. you do this to yourself when it sounds like you've had some nice success?

Moe
    Moe is offline Junior Member
    That's a no then?

I get what you’re saying Terry. I guess success is relative – should I be content with being merely overweight just because I was once morbidly obese? I don’t know.

I don’t see anything wrong with keeping an open mind about biohacks. I find it all very interesting personally.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Hi guys! Question for those of you who are good at the whole science side of things - thoughts on insulin resistance and the potato hack? I' have PCOS and IR (currently on 2000 mg of metformin daily). Primal along with the medication has helped me lose over 80kgs - but have stalled pretty badly over the last 6 months.

Would the insulin response be a bad thing for someone with insulin resistance? Generally we're told to eat a low and slow carbohydrate diet so while sweet potatos are still very much part of my diet, white potato and I said goodbye long ago (regretfully!).
    I doubt anyone will be able to answer this...but, seems to me if you can eat sweet potatoes, you'd be OK with white potatoes. Maybe try eating a meal of potatoes and track your BG for a couple hours. Other than that, I don't want to get you in trouble, so be careful with what you do.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    @ Moe: My thought is try it for a max of 2 days, monitoring your blood sugar response. And try the real hack - only potatoes. You can't do any real harm in only 2 days and if you notice any major problems, stop. It's the n=1 thing. You'll never know about it's effect without trying.

And if it works for you, you'll know in 2 days as well.

And no, you don't need to settle for "overweight". Congrats on the weight loss - that's a huge accomplishment!

Page 35 of 52 FirstFirst ... 25333435363745 ... LastLast