Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: The Super Secret Potato Project page 27

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Ladies, anyone has a secret to how not to eat the dough (or the house!) when baking at home all day
    Eat tators

Hang on, I gotta catch my breathe. Reading Julie's post made me exhausted ....

Whew... Ok, so no, not doing all tators. And not really tator's plus. More like tators plus plus :P I did just finish a tator w/tuna for lunch though. But I had eggs and salmon for breakfast (I was hungry for some reason - I guess cuz I got up at 3am so by 7 I was hungry) and I am having beef heart (and maybe tators plus veggies) for dinner.

I was reading the new release of PHD yesterday, and I am going to just follow that for now, which does mean up to a pound of safe starches each day. Who knows though, I might throw an all tator day in here and there.

I want to go through the longevity thread also, and make some notes. I think I do pretty well but just want to make a list.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    Ok, so no, not doing all tators.
    I disremembered sum'thn

I was going to try to pay attention to my middle of the month. Seems like I tend to go up a little, and I was going to try to stay on top of that. This morning was the same as yesterday (weight) and I ate normal (well normal within the ranges I set for myself) so if I go up a little tomorrow, I may do all tators.

I dont have a cycle anymore, and tests at the Dr said I am not pre-menie either. So it may just be a co-inky dink of some kind.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Ha-ha, I like the suggestion about the fridge, though for me I will probably need a poster of an Athletic Goddess, I react so much better to positive than to negative.

I am considering potatoes, but my digestion just barely normalized after my attempt last weekend, so I am concerned about uhm having to cancel the party due to the unsafe breathing air in the house, lol. We'll see, at least one meal of spuds can be pretty good.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

paleo-bunny is offline Senior Member
    InSearchOfAbs/Julie - thank you for your sympathies.

I have bonded closely with cats, dogs and rabbits in the past. I have to admit that I'm a bit of a tart as far as other mammals are concerned.

I love your warm sense of humour. It makes me laugh a lot. Thank you. You make this forum a brighter, sunnier place.
    F 5 ft 3. HW: 196 lbs. Primal SW (May 2011): 182 lbs (42% BF)... W June '12: 160 lbs (29% BF) (UK size 12, US size 8). GW: ~24% BF - have ditched the scales til I fit into a pair of UK size 10 bootcut jeans. Currently aligning towards 'The Perfect Health Diet' having swapped some fat for potatoes.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    ...it's on like ping pong for McDonald's, Chinese food, Armadillo Willy's, PIZZA
    three times at LEAST, Mexican food and Togo's.

And she's here for TEN DAYS.

Doesn't mean I have to eat all of it, but it's hard man, HARD.

Julie
    I love eating out with friends and relatives. They all ohhh and ahhh over what I eat. I have never found a restaurant where I couldn't eat a lot of good, primal food. Just skip the crap breadsticks, oily rice, shit pasta, and dessert.

Quote Originally Posted by otzi View Post
    I love eating out with friends and relatives. They all ohhh and ahhh over what I eat. I have never found a restaurant where I couldn't eat a lot of good, primal food. Just skip the crap breadsticks, oily rice, shit pasta, and dessert.
    Steak and baked tator has ALWAYS been my favorite meal when eating out. They even had a decent steak at the Mexican Restaurant the other night. I think I could go to one of those places, you know where the steak is the size of the table and if you eat it all, you get it free? I think I could give them a run for their money well if I don't eat a tator first

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paleo-bunny View Post
    InSearchOfAbs/Julie - thank you for your sympathies.

I have bonded closely with cats, dogs and rabbits in the past. I have to admit that I'm a bit of a tart as far as other mammals are concerned.

I love your warm sense of humour. It makes me laugh a lot. Thank you. You make this forum a brighter, sunnier place.
    Hey thanks!

Yeah, I'm pretty much an animal trollop as well, but I was maaaaainly a dog person.

That said, when I was about 6, I would find all kinds of animals and bring them home.

My family then nicknamed me "Dr. Julittle".

Hilarious.

My father was BAFFLED once when I found and caught a parakeet, that ended up living
    at HIS house, for 14 years!!!!

But my best, was a pheasant (and this is california, silicon valley, the suburbs though, but
    still, there is not wild game running around), and I caught it, and made a "house" for it in the
    backyard out of my mother's good card table and a bunch of WHITE sheets.

OMG, she was LIVID. BeyOnd livid even.....

Caught a little cherry head parrot in mid-drop 6 years ago when a hawk caught it, then
    dropped it (the parrot must have bitten him), but my kids came running up behind me
    (they were 2&5 at the time) and scared it out of my hands. GRRRRRR. I REALLY wanted
    to keep that parrot.

Couple years ago my husband came home to find a pigeon in a cage on the driveway.

He just waltzed in the house, comes into the family room, looks at me all dead-pan and says:
    "seriously, you caught a pigeon?"

Well, it was hurt, and of COURSE it was probably hungry, so I HAD to, right?

Even had a little yellow finch fly in my house once, caught him too, but I let him go - he was
    the wild variety, not really a finch but an oriole i think.....

If I could have 1600 pets, I totally would, but good ol' 7 and 10 (the kids) are plum enough
    at the moment, so I'll have to wait until they move out to fill the house..... tee hee!

When I moved out at 18yo, I promptly got a 6 week old black lab puppy. We lived together
    for 13 years alone, then I met my husband, moved in with him and she lived until she was
    16. Bestest friend on the planet.

@Otzi - I hear you - I don't eat everything that Mom wants to get, but if I do, I just make an
    allowance for the 10 days she's here, as she's only here at xmas and summer for the same
    amount of time. Wish she lived CLOSER, but nope.

sjmc is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Ha-ha, I like the suggestion about the fridge, though for me I will probably need a poster of an Athletic Goddess, I react so much better to positive than to negative.

I am considering potatoes, but my digestion just barely normalized after my attempt last weekend, so I am concerned about uhm having to cancel the party due to the unsafe breathing air in the house, lol. We'll see, at least one meal of spuds can be pretty good.
    If you try it again, peel the potatoes if you didn't last time. I don't know if it's been said here, but some people experience digestive trouble, gas or otherwise, due to the peels.

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    This morning was the same as yesterday (weight) and I ate normal (well normal within the ranges I set for myself) so if I go up a little tomorrow, I may do all tators.
    Good weigh-in today -1.5 I need to take some measurements. Maybe later.

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Go, gointos!!!

@sjmc: I peel my potatoes, so that's not a factor.

I am actually wondering if I need to consume potatoes with yogurt and sauerkraut, i.e. probiotic to aid digestion. When I was doing my carb-ups, I did that and never had troubles. My carb up was just one day, and huge (6 lbs of potatoes) but yes, I ate yogurt and sauerkraut along with the potatoes.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

Page 27 of 52 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast