Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Super Secret Potato Project page 2

rnikoley is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I wish you all good individual data. Nobody cares about you or knows as much about you as you do.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Good morning potato people!!!!!

Glad y'all are here and found the thread.

I'm not hungry yet, so no update for me yet today, but will probably
    post up starting stats and meals at the end of the day.

I must add, which I think I've said before, but I am NOT giving up my coffee
    in the morning with 15g heavy cream and 100g of 2% milk.

That's a whopping 102 calories that I'm not going to part with.

I have small children, I need it, or I'd be in prison for a double homicide.

Anyway, carry on! Will update later.

Julie

diene is offline Senior Member
    I did sprint intervals this morning so I waited until 11 AM to eat my first potato meal. (I've read that eating carbs within two hours of high intensity interval training suppresses HGH production, pretty much negating all of that hard work.)
    Around 12:15 or so, I started to feel nauseated--not sure if it's because of the potatoes or something else, but ew! It seems to have gone away now, thank God. Anyway, the potatoes were baked, and I added some fat-free beef broth to them, salt, pepper, and cayenne pepper. They were a bit dry despite the broth that I added. I also had two cups of black coffee this morning. That's it so far. Will update again later.
    Last edited by diene; 12-03-2012 at 10:35 AM.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I did peel a ton of potatoes.
    Good morning potato people....mr A I so hope that you went on to cook those peelings !!!!!! best part of the whole spud !!!! Just roast them with a wee bit of salt, crisp them up like chips !!!!!! Yum

good luck to you all
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Mr. Anthony is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Good morning potato people....mr A I so hope that you went on to cook those peelings !!!!!! best part of the whole spud !!!! Just roast them with a wee bit of salt, crisp them up like chips !!!!!! Yum

good luck to you all
    G x
    I didn't keep the peelings with this morning's batch I prepared--I thought the consensus here was to eat peeled potatoes during the PPD. I'll probably start doing this some, though. I have lots of taters to work with...

diene is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Anthony View Post
    I thought the consensus here was to eat peeled potatoes during the PPD.
    Really? I haven't been paying attention to the other threads. I actually started my potato hack on the same day by coincidence. Why was the consensus to eat only peeled potatoes? What's wrong with the skin? I've been eating the skin.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I bake mine first and then peel them. Then I use those for hash browns, etc. I like the extra flavor it imparts, and they fry up quicker also. And then if I want it sliced or with broth, they are ready to go.

I use to eat the skins, but I read something about the skins. Something not so good. What was it? I found this:

The glycoalkaloids most prevalent in potatoes are alpha-solanine and alpha-chocanine, which the plants use to repel pests. Most of the glycoalkaloids are luckily concentrated in the skin of the potato, forcing less refined pests to eat through the toxic stuff to get to the good stuff. We have the luxury of employing peelers (pinky in the air, no doubt) to avoid most of the glycoalkaloids (which are not reduced through cooking; you have to physically remove them).

There's more info here: Are Potatoes Healthy? | Mark's Daily Apple

Hmmm Maybe I should peel them first?
    Last edited by gopintos; 12-03-2012 at 02:59 PM.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

IcarianVX is offline Senior Member
    I'll give it a go I guess. I only eat once a day, so it won't be all that hard. Would like to see how it works for me anyway.
    People too weak to follow their own dreams will always try to discourage others.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    I haven't been peeling mine at all - even the ones that have turned a little
    GREEN. OH NOES!!!!

Me thinks that you'd have to eat an absolute F*CKTON of potatoes + skins to really
    activate ANY deleterious effects from said toxins.

Just like when the big huge alert came out about Thomas the Train, trains, were painted
    with lead paint and they were being recalled.

Hilarious.

My child would have to EAT the damn trains to get any negative effect from the lead
    paint. But yanno, they had to put out the recall anyway cuz you know some sue-happy
    munchausen by proxy mother would be first in line at the courthouse with her child
    FILLED with "lead poisoning".

Eat the peels, they're delicious!!!!!

And, we kept our damn trains - all 75 of them.

Kids are alive and well to this day......

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    I have done okay, well so far. But I wasnt eating much at one time, therefore I seemed to be hungrier all throughout the day. 70g here, 90 grams there. My only exercise today consisted of constantly going potty (24 cups of water so far) Then I thought maybe I was hungry because I hadnt taken my vitamins. I thought I read somewhere that we can get hungry because we are lacking nutrients (or is that CW?) so I took my vitamins with my last tator, and now sort of not feeling 100% but I am not hungry.

I also think part of being hungry today, it was because I wasn't busy enough. DH was home until like 1pm so that just threw my whole day off, and I had more time to think about it. He was so cute at breakfast though. I made hashbrowns and I asked him if he wanted a little ketchup, or balsamic, or alittle balsamicy ketchup, and he said.... is that all I get, hashbrowns? And I said yes. And he said Ketchup then. Like it was another food group or something.

I am sitting at 978 calories so far. Little broth, rice once, little half&half w/morning coffee (out of cream) I am sooooo anxious to weigh tomorrow. I am 1.4 pounds away from 70lbs. I really thought I would be there by this morning, but no. So maybe in the next day or two
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast