Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: The Super Secret Potato Project page 18

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    dallytante - how many days in a row have you been able to eat that many potatoes?

Atticus is offline Junior Member
    Today's update is a bit strange, can't explain the numbers, but I don't like where they are going. Hopefully its not a trend. This is why I think just reporting "weight" doesn't really tell us anything. My weight did go down, but I suddenly gained fat. Sort of strange on a calorie restricted diet with no fat in it. Also, probably impossible to gain 2 pounds of fat in one day on ~1200 calories. Calories in, calories out, right people? We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Anyway, my eating got thrown off a bit yesterday. For lunch, I was taken to Sushi. I had 2 simple tuna rolls for lunch, bit of ginger, bit of wasabi. LoseIt! calculates this as 300 calories. Other places track it at about 360. So, I thought it shouldn't be much of a problem. The other difference was Potato Soup, which was made from a recipe I saw on the PPD thread. Made a pot with 16oz. of Trader Joe's Organic Chicken Broth (1g fat per cup), and three Idaho potatoes. I ate about 1/4 of this, and have will have some more for lunch today. Other than that it was just potatoes, total calorie intake for yesterday was 1272.

Day 1: Calories: 1860
    Starting Weight: 194.6
    Starting BF: 19.1%
    Fat Pounds: 37.16
    Lean Mass: 157.43
    FBG: 107

Day 2: Calories: 1211
    Morning Weight: 193.6
    BF: 18.9%
    Fat Pounds: 36.59
    Lean Mass: 157.01
    FBG: 101

Day 3: Calories: 1119
    Morning Weight: 190.4
    BF: 18.9%
    Fat Pounds: 35.98
    Lean Mass: 154.41
    FBG: 104

Day 4: Calories: 1252
    Morning Weight: 189.6
    BF: 19.7%
    Fat Pounds: 37.35
    Lean Mass: 152.25
    FBG: 94
    Ketones: 0.2

Day 5: Calories: 1272
    Morning Weight: 188
    BF: 18.2%
    Fat Pounds: 34.25
    Lean Mass: 153.95
    FBG: 97
    Ketones: 0.4

Day 6: Calories: TBD
    Morning Weight: 187.8
    BF: 19.3%
    Fat Pounds: 36.24
    Lean Mass: 151.56
    FBG: 107
    Ketones: 0.3

dallytante is offline Member
    Four. I'm not gaining, and I do find the sating, but I'd like to get to a point where I don't get hungry within three hours.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by dallytante View Post
    Four. I'm not gaining, and I do find the sating, but I'd like to get to a point where I don't get hungry within three hours.
    wow! Okay, well, what if you tried a microwaved russet with JUST salt, instead.

i find that the yellow potatoes are lots easier to choke down, but when faced with
    a russet, the off switch is flicked after a few BITES. blargh.

@Atticus - I bet tomorrow you'll be a lot lower. I know you're using the scale for
    trends of bodyfat - but all impedance scales are really affected by the body's hydration
    or lack there of, so even though your scale weight isn't higher, you could still be
    holding on to water from your sushi treat.

I wouldn't put ONE OUNCE of stock in scales you step on for bodyfat. Even for trends.

How tall are you again?

Leida is offline Senior Member
    Dally, it is very personal, but don't worry, you are still eating very little claories. My 1700 grams of potatoes are like 12-16 potatoes (relatively small). That's why you are hungry. Try making potatoes into a soupy mass - volume can help.

Sort of strange on a calorie restricted diet with no fat in it. Also, probably impossible to gain 2 pounds of fat in one day on ~1200 calories. Calories in, calories out, right people? We'll see what tomorrow brings.
    Are you using bio-impedance scale? If yes, basically it is either registering a drop in muscle or more likely the content of your digestive track (pooped lately?) and water satiation of your body. Mine does it all the time. Try drinking half a cup of water before weighing yourself. For me, I usually register drop in fat until I am close to losing 3-4 lbs, BF stays stable, then BAM! BF goes up, muscle mass decreases.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

otzi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    +1 on the milestone!

And, whoa, not hungry on <500 cals? I am sooo envious!
    Quote Originally Posted by InSearchOfAbs View Post
    It is absolutely the most weirdest thing I've ever experienced. Srsly.
    I keep telling people this is 'nature's hcg'. HCG works because it keeps the user out of starvation mode, if that's a real thing, and not hungry while eating 500 calories.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Today's update is a bit strange, can't explain the numbers, but I don't like where they are going. Hopefully its not a trend. This is why I think just reporting "weight" doesn't really tell us anything. My weight did go down, but I suddenly gained fat. Sort of strange on a calorie restricted diet with no fat in it. Also, probably impossible to gain 2 pounds of fat in one day on ~1200 calories. Calories in, calories out, right people? We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Starting Weight: 194.6
    Starting BF: 19.1%

Day 6: Calories: TBD
    Morning Weight: 187.8
    BF: 19.3%
    I think you are doing great, not sure how you are measuring BF, but I'll bet it is not as accurate as your scale.

How do you do normally? Are you an all-day eater, ie. 3-4 meals/snacks? Maybe this is showing you something about yourself that you didn't realize... Good luck

Go Pintos - Love the new siggy line!

I use this for BF testing: Amazon.com: Omron HBF-306C Fat Loss Monitor, Black: Health & Personal Care

But yes, your point is still right on. It actually is good for trends, not so good for single points of data. It is fairly accurate if you ignore everything to the right of the decimal, lol. Meaning, it seems to fairly represent the state I'm in, I would say I'm around 19% BF.

While I'm back here, I thought I'd mention that I have noticed a difference in my sleep quality. I am having more vivid and rememberable dreams, but also it seems that I'm sleeping lighter. I've been more wakeful at night. When I'm on my normal ketogenic diet, I generally sleep really well, but don't remember a thing.

Other than that I'm tolerating the experiment really well. Actually still like the taste of Potato, and looking forward to my soup for lunch!

I'm having fantasies of ripping every last shred of BF off and looking like a greek god. Go Potato Go. (DISCLAIMER: Just because I am pro-potato at the moment does not mean I think it is a magical food. Haters relax. Only ground Unicorn hoof is magical).

Leida is offline Senior Member
    The vivid dreams and light sleep are related - you can only remember your dreams if you come awake during one. So, everyone dreams basically every night, but the deeper you sleep, the less you recall.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I have had more rice this week and maybe that is slowing my progress.
    Well... I think I discovered... that part of my problem... was backed up plumbing issues. I think I lost 2-3lbs about mid-morning when the pipes finally decided to clear out. Geesh.

Glad I came across this thread--I've only gained doing LCHF primal, and the gain only increased with the percentage of fat constituting my diet.
    This was me also. So it's good to know though. I can eat that way and maintain just not lose. But I might have been too chronic though. Had I mixed it up once in awhile, it might have been okay. But I seem to lose weight faster on about a 3 way split, fat even up to 40%. I try to keep it under 60g.

Quote Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
    Only ground Unicorn hoof is magical
    I would love to try that sometime. Maybe the SUMF next?
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I would love to try that sometime. Maybe the SUMF next?
    I'm sure someone would tell us that the collagen in the hoof is not a complete protein and therefore is bad for us.

Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast