Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: The Super Secret Potato Project page 17

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    My calories were 689 yesterday, but I had some rice. For some reason, I have had more rice this week and maybe that is slowing my progress. Note to self: Self, it was a tator week, remember?

Okay, so lesson learned. But.... the rice did stop me from eating something else though, right?

So why the rice? Hmmm well it was in the frig for one thing. I ran out of baked tators for another, but thought oh well, I can just nuke them as I go, right? Well, the rice was already in the frig.... I guess, I don't know. But I think I learned that it is okay once in awhile, but I should have stuck with more of the tators.

Tonight at 5pm is Christmas out with my GFs. At the Mexican restaurant. I dont even know what I should eat, or feel like eating. I wonder if they have any potatoes??
    Last edited by gopintos; 12-07-2012 at 07:37 AM.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I am actually planning to try a day with 3 cups of beans and 1 cup (dry) rice for a modicum of protein (it gives you the bare minimum of 50 g) if potato diet goes well.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Good idea.

Now see, if this was the beans and rice diet, I could have stayed at 1200cals a day
    no problem.

I LOVE beans and rice, and actually let a HUGE bag of cooked rice in the fridge
    go to waste for the potato experiment.

But hey, it's rice, right? What'd it cost me to waste it, 20 cents? I'll make more
    tomorrow. . .

Why don't you just freeze it? It can be made into a dry fruit and rice soup or a pudding afterwards.

Farfalla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post
    I wish I could see the pic so I could salivate!
    You should see it after clicking on this link: imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/dsc01879yo.jpg/

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Farfalla View Post
    You should see it after clicking on this link: imageshack.us/photo/my-images/651/dsc01879yo.jpg/
    Gosh I didnt see that earlier. duh. Anyways, okay... now I am salivating
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

diene is offline Senior Member
    My weight this morning was 134 so I have lost 3 pounds total since Monday. Yesterday, I consumed 1,130 calories. I'm not doing the hack today because bf wanted to go out to dinner tonight and so do I. BUT, depending on how much the rebound is come Monday, I may do it for four more days next week. I'm going on vacation next Friday and would love to lose a few more pounds before then.

So my stats for this experiment look something like this:

Monday:
    Consumed approximately 1,359 calories (not accurate because didn't weight the potatoes).

Tuesday:
    Weight: 137 lbs
    Consumed: Approximately 1,350 calories

Wednesday:
    Weight: 135 lbs
    Consumed: 1,549 calories

Thursday:
    Weight: 135 lbs
    Consumed: 1,130 calories

Friday:
    Weight: 134 lbs

I will keep better stats if I do this again next week. In other news, I'm sick of not being able to weigh my food when I'm not home so I just bought a pocket food scale on Amazon. It was super cheap, only $8 something. I should get it next week, and from then on, I'll be the crazy person who carries a scale around with her and weighs everything she eats. (I'm one of those people who can't just lose weight by eating primally--in fact, I gained because I was eating 2,300 calories or more of meat, fat, and veggies, thinking that I'll lose my muffin top just by cutting out the grains.) But DAMMIT, I WILL lose that muffin top, one way or another.

I'm one of those people who can't just lose weight by eating primally--in fact, I gained because I was eating 2,300 calories or more of meat, fat, and veggies, thinking that I'll lose my muffin top just by cutting out the grains.) But DAMMIT, I WILL lose that muffin top, one way or another.
    Yeah, me too. I keep eating myself up to 2,000 calories every day. And gods forbid I touch fruit! Fat is happily staying where it is and bringing friends to play too.

I ate my first potato thin mush this morning around 4 am, and the second - around 8 am. Though I got full really fast at 8 am, now I am hungry again, and it is only 9:30 am

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Leida View Post
    Why don't you just freeze it? It can be made into a dry fruit and rice soup or a pudding afterwards.
    I thought of that, but then it was already too late. Had been in the fridge 7 days. Wah.

dallytante is offline Member
    Glad I came across this thread--I've only gained doing LCHF primal, and the gain only increased with the percentage of fat constituting my diet.

I don't have a kitchen scale, but I'm wondering why I can easily eat 12-14 medium yellow potatoes/day, whereas other women here seem to be doing well on far fewer. I eat them plain, with salt and/or with hot sauce (chilli, vinegar, salt). Anything else I'm missing?

Stats: 5'5", female, 150lbs.

Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast