Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kind of a rant of a sort... page 3

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I truly understand parental struggles. It could be worse. It's best to create a safe and effective exit plan for when you are of age (job, further schooling, etc.), and not cause more confrontation now which could lead to rash decisions... as difficult as that may be.
    Loudly butting heads is not the solution.

Here is some excellent reading for passing the time.
    Who knows, it might even be helpful.
    Christians, Christianity and the Paleo Diet: Are they compatible?
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Loneketo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Oh boy. Those are some seriously closed minds.

Oh my. Well, I have nothing more but to wish you a speedy trip to 18 or becoming what is called an "emancipated minor" even sooner if possible. It sounds like you could use some emancipation.

In the meantime, do what you can quietly and try not to create pointless confrontations.
    Seems like my only bet, yeh some emancipation would do me good.

Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Remind them who will be choosing their retirement home.
    They expect me to take care of them, along with My other 3 siblings when their older going to take care of them Lol. Told me that's why you have a lot of kids for o.o
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    I truly understand parental struggles. It could be worse. It's best to create a safe and effective exit plan for when you are of age (job, further schooling, etc.), and not cause more confrontation now which could lead to rash decisions... as difficult as that may be.
    Loudly butting heads is not the solution.

Here is some excellent reading for passing the time.
    Who knows, it might even be helpful.
    Christians, Christianity and the Paleo Diet: Are they compatible?

I'm sure your right, but at least when I leave I want to leave with some sort of a bang

Thanks for the support everyone. I hope I can last this attack on my own humanity.
    Last edited by Loneketo; 12-03-2012 at 02:56 AM.

momrn is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loneketo;

[INDENT
    [/INDENT]

but at least when I leave I want to leave with some sort of a bang

This is a disturbing statement.

Get a job. Save your money. Graduate from h.s. early and figure out a way to live on your own and support yourself. On. Your. Own.

If your parents care as little for you as you claim, you cannot hurt them. Somehow, I'm guessing there is a little wiggle room in your story.

What would their reaction be if they read these statements you've made here?

Ellie_Miller is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Loneketo View Post
    Lol thanks. My only option is to survive to 18 I guess or I could let them know sooner, that will be a magical sight, to they there first born son part to free thinking and apparently "Satan." that'll be something.
    Hey, sorry I haven't read this whole thread. I'm in a hurry but I wanted to say just hang in there. It's so frustrating when your parents are like this. Is it possible to keep your distance from them as much as you can? You're right, survive till you're 18. In the mean time, do the best that you can to not let them bother you. I really don't see that having a discussion with them about your choices really being worth it. Stay strong!

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by momrn View Post

Get a job. Save your money. Graduate from h.s. early and figure out a way to live on your own and support yourself. On. Your. Own.
    If your parents care as little for you as you claim, you cannot hurt them. Somehow, I'm guessing there is a little wiggle room in your story.
    I agree. I'm guessing that, if your parents are really as callous as you claim, you don't want to turn into them as you grow up, do you?
    Rise above that. Get a job, financial independence, an education. Then just walk away. Leave them to stew in their negativity but you don't need to create any more of it. Look forward, not back.

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Moose View Post
    Just tell them you're gay...I'm sure they will forget all about your eating habits.
    haha!!! I like this one.

JoPaleo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    if you need to let off steam - go and whack a tennis ball at a wall, or sprint up and down the road, get out of the house.
    perhaps you could have a conversation with them something like....Mum and Dad I love you to bits, but I do not like the way you treat me over our family beliefs. Please let up a little !!!!

anyway good luck
    G
    +1

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Loneketo, you sound like an angry, rebellious teenager. You should:

a) get a job, preferably at a small business with a male boss and some kind of manual labor
    b) chop some wood or punch some punching bags and lift weights
    c) get good enough grades for a decent college education with scholarships so you can live well on your own (believe me that jobs that only ask for HS education suck royally 99% of the time, while jobs that require a college degree suck 50% of the time)

Good luck to you.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

mark h is offline Junior Member
    Hang in there. One small word of advice. Do not try telling your parents you are allergic to what they eat so you have to eat different foods. My neighbor tried this and his dad brought him to the Dr. The Dr promptly told his father that he should look at the AMA food pyramid and keep his son away from fad diets.
    What we need to do is get Church leaders to except Paleo and then the flock will follow. (Sorry just wishful thinking on my part).
    Keep it going, Mark

Loneketo is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by momrn View Post

What would their reaction be if they read these statements you've made here?
    I would be disowned. But before that I will be called a devil follower, a proud human(yeh, being a free thinker and taking some role in your own life and not rely on a god), ungrateful, stupid, other hate phrases. Yeh, talk about being loving and Christian, aye? And this is my predictions from all the thugs they've already said to me, specifically my mother claiming she never curses, or hates in anyway when I heard cursing 20x AT LEAST A day.

No exagerrations, I try to avod contact as much as possible thankfully.

I am not as much rebellious as being able to use logic and free thought. I don't think I would be considered rebellious by applying logic and reason with my parents on religious subjects, but to them I probably am.

Quote Originally Posted by mark h View Post
    Hang in there. One small word of advice. Do not try telling your parents you are allergic to what they eat so you have to eat different foods. My neighbor tried this and his dad brought him to the Dr. The Dr promptly told his father that he should look at the AMA food pyramid and keep his son away from fad diets.
    What we need to do is get Church leaders to except Paleo and then the flock will follow. (Sorry just wishful thinking on my part).
    Wishful? Probably. Possible, under the right circumstances if during a service you sincerely get the chance to talk about the over intake of sweets and cakes(at least my church anyway), and the complete lack of healthful thinking. But you would need to talk like a doomsayers to get anything out of them. "You are defiling your temple of God by contaminating it would unnatural, unhealthy, and addictive food, this is why you are present with many diseases and problems, you must lose the demonic lust for man-made food!" etc. My parents do not care enough to test for Allergies unless I beg them to. Not like I'm eating that food anymore anyway, so It will be avoided.
    Last edited by Loneketo; 12-03-2012 at 01:40 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast