Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kind of a rant of a sort... page 2

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    Maybe you could actually go WITH their Christian leanings by explaining to them about how modern grains have been engineered in a lab, etc. Surely that was not in God's plan. Tell them about all the artificial colors and flavors, also created in a lab not by the Almighty. Explain to them that you are trying to eat more like Jesus would have, real whole foods.

The book Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis might be a place to start. It explains why modern wheat is so harmful.

Loneketo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Renata View Post
    Good luck kid.
    Lol thanks. My only option is to survive to 18 I guess or I could let them know sooner, that will be a magical sight, to they there first born son part to free thinking and apparently "Satan." that'll be something.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Maybe you could actually go WITH their Christian leanings by explaining to them about how modern grains have been engineered in a lab, etc. Surely that was not in God's plan. Tell them about all the artificial colors and flavors, also created in a lab not by the Almighty. Explain to them that you are trying to eat more like Jesus would have, real whole foods.

The book Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis might be a place to start. It explains why modern wheat is so harmful.
    I've told them,"Is this what God would want us to eat?" they said he blesses and cleans the food.

Umm, excuse me, I call bullshit

Yeh I've already attempted that several times, they just nod unconsciously.

canio6 is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post

If they wont listen to science this will never work. Bread is the staff of life and all that. Jesus broke bread and gave it to his disciples etc etc.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    If they wont listen to science this will never work. Bread is the staff of life and all that. Jesus broke bread and gave it to his disciples etc etc.
    That for sure makes it impossible. They say science is for "the idiots that are trying to run away from god, they are sinful people"

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Remind them who will be choosing their retirement home.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Loneketo View Post
    I've told them,"Is this what God would want us to eat?" they said he blesses and cleans the food.
    Umm, excuse me, I call bullshit
    Yeh I've already attempted that several times, they just nod unconsciously.
    Oh boy. Those are some seriously closed minds.

Quote Originally Posted by Loneketo View Post
    That for sure makes it impossible. They say science is for "the idiots that are trying to run away from god, they are sinful people"
    Oh my. Well, I have nothing more but to wish you a speedy trip to 18 or becoming what is called an "emancipated minor" even sooner if possible. It sounds like you could use some emancipation.

In the meantime, do what you can quietly and try not to create pointless confrontations.

kenn is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Remind them who will be choosing their retirement home.
    Medicare?
    Starting Date: Dec 18, 2010
    Starting Weight: 294 pounds
    Current Weight: 235 pounds
    Goal Weight: 195 pounds

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Loneketo - you poor wee thing. We parents think that we are right most of the time - but sometimes we are not.
    I agree with above....try and keep confrontations to a minimum.
    if you need to let off steam - go and whack a tennis ball at a wall, or sprint up and down the road, get out of the house.
    perhaps you could have a conversation with them something like....Mum and Dad I love you to bits, but I do not like the way you treat me over our family beliefs. Please let up a little !!!!

anyway good luck
    G
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Primal Moose is offline Senior Member
    Just tell them you're gay...I'm sure they will forget all about your eating habits.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast