Thread: Hey, I need some help!! page

Jameson is offline Junior Member

Hey, I need some help!!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Hello Everyone!

My name is Jameson, I'm 17 years old, and I'm from Minnesota.

I've been trying to be primal for over a year now, but I have had little success. I do feel remarkably better than I use to, but I have only lost a little bit of weight. I weigh 177 lbs. and I have about 10-15 lbs. to lose. That is why I have decided to join the forum. I need support and accountability to help stay on track. I know what I should be eating and doing, but once the weekend rolls around, I completely fall on my face. Hopefully with the support of the people here, I will break my bad habits and finally lose the weight.

Also, what factor has helped you the most in your weight loss journey?? (Ex. food journal, forum, vision board)

Nion is offline Senior Member
    Do you like, go out to eat and stuff? I find it gets easier the further along you are. It's all about willpower and remembering how downright shitty you will feel when you fall off the wagon! :P
    What's helped is being accountable to another person too. But we're on a tight budget and plan everything down to the meals we eat throughout the fortnight too. So planning helps a lot
    I'm a paleo foodie, come check out my recipes: http://strangekitty.ca/

Hedonist2 is offline Senior Member
    Feeling better is great!!! Keep at it.

How do you fall on your face on weekends? What do you do and eat?
    Ancestral Health Info - My blog about Primal and the general ancestral health movement. Site just remodeled using HTML5/CSS3 instead of Wordpress.

Jameson is offline Junior Member
    Hedonist2, On the weekends, I find myself rummaging through my kitchen for anything that I can find. Peanut butter toast, candy, and large amounts of fruit are the norms. I also don't get enough exercise or sleep. I workout at school during the week, so the weekends I consider as my "off-days", but I think some low level aerobic activity would help a lot. I'm not really worried about the sleep since I go to bed early on the weekdays and I need to socialize once in awhile!

Zion, Actually, when I go out to eat or when I'm with other people my diet is great! Binging on junk food only happens when I'm sitting at home alone. I think you're right when you say that it's all about willpower. Which is why I think accountability would help me a lot.

Thanks for the comments!

cookie is offline Senior Member
    "Zion, Actually, when I go out to eat or when I'm with other people my diet is great! Binging on junk food only happens when I'm sitting at home alone. I think you're right when you say that it's all about willpower. Which is why I think accountability would help me a lot."

hello there!
    to me, it sounds like you might be eating because you are bored.. maybe try to pinpoint the times and days when you begin to get the feeling you are ready to ransack the kitchen, then plan to be out at those times. go outside for a super long walk, get your mind off of it. i have been under this spell before, and for me, i needed to retrain my body to not desire food at non-hungry times. i needed to learn that if i'm not hungry, i need to do something else. thinking about food can make me feel hungry at inappropriate times.
    i walk during my bored times. i used to take a nice long bike ride., or play kickball. it doesn't have to be anything demanding on the body, though... just something away from sitting and thinking about food!

good luck, you can handle this.