Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What's Your Starch? page 4

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    That sounds more like a personal problem than a statement about longevity. I doubt anyone will argue that the Okinawans enjoy a long life, and regardless of their diet otherwise, sweet potatoes remain a large part of it. Sucks that you explode them out your ass as such, but perhaps you have a really weak system?.
    Longevity is overrated. I want to feel all the awesomeness I can now, and drop dead when the time comes.

Perhaps I am not designed to eat such food. I'm made of largely Northern European, Native American, Irish - all big game eaters. Not tropical fruit junkies. High-protein, high-fat, low carb helps my asperger's anyway. I have no reason to try to reprogram my digestion back to carbs after all this work I've done upregulating all my fat metabolism pathways. I mean, I've been fine tuning this machine for three years. Not changing the fuel mixture now. I'm happily a fat-burning beast who eats more meat than you, and I'm feeling amazing for it. YMMV.

But i agree about leaves. Pointless. When you say fatty or colorful ones, can you provide examples of which ones you mean?
    Avocado, berries, similar.
    Last edited by Knifegill; 12-06-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JEL62 View Post
    That sounds more like a personal problem than a statement about longevity. I doubt anyone will argue that the Okinawans enjoy a long life, and regardless of their diet otherwise, sweet potatoes remain a large part of it. Sucks that you explode them out your ass as such, but perhaps you have a really weak system?.
    That was f*cking funny right there.

And knifegill, don't lie - it's not brown, it's ORANGE.

Dontaskmehowiknow.

~Anonymous

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    That was f*cking funny right there.

And knifegill, don't lie - it's not brown, it's ORANGE.

Dontaskmehowiknow.
    You, too, eh?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

JEL62 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Not changing the fuel mixture now. I'm happily a fat-burning beast who eats more meat than you, and I'm feeling amazing for it. YMMV.
    And I think that's awesome. Everyone needs to find out what works for their particular body. If a little sweet potato affects your dainty little body then by all means you have to plan your whole diet around that. That's just the way you're built and nobody can argue that. You just have to go with what works for you, regardless of what other people think.
    Last edited by JEL62; 12-06-2012 at 02:27 PM.

zizou is offline Senior Member
    Unfortunately i had a bit of an explosive experience with the last sweet potato binge i did. i just love them, unbelievable taste, could live off the fluffy sweet/starchy flavour of the red skinned white fleshed variety. I was gutted to visit the toilet the next day and see the results.

I need carb refeeds, so once again i am at a cross roads with which food to eat to do this! I will try cycle rice, parnips, carrots, squashes and sweet potatoes (in a more moderate quantity) and see how i go.

So for the time being my starches will be:
    - rice
    -parnsips
    -squashes
    -sweet potato in moderation

The squashes are fairly neglible in carbs though, so i won't bother having them in carb refeeds i think. Parnisps are pretty good choice, i am tempted to include a smallish regular potato now and then but fear for leaky gut and nightshade symptoms so i avoid those, other than that i can't think of many other suitable options. Oh and perhaps i might look into having taro once a week...i'm just concerned about where it would come from and any pesticides and whatnot used seeing as its such an exotic root tuber.

Speaking of potatoes and toxins, has anyone got any n=1 with russet potatoes being ok? Seeing as they are apparantley lowest in glycoalkaloids. Would be interesting to hear of anyones personal experiences.
    Last edited by zizou; 12-06-2012 at 05:37 PM.

joelwlcx is offline Senior Member
    I'm fond of sweet potatoes and rutabagas, myself. I want to try plantains, so I can fry some (in coconut oil), and throw in some tomatoes, habaneros, and some mango. And some animal of some sort for good measure.
    "All of God's creatures have a natural habitat... my dinner plate." -Me

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I like white potatoes. Cauliflower and avocadoes are the next most carby things I eat on a regular basis. I was eating berries and grapefruit when the weather was warmer, but I haven't been in the mood lately, so the berries languish in my freezer.

According to Cronometer, a 10 oz potato has 218 calories and 50 grams of carbs. So if the only other carb thing I eat all day is the tiny bit in my half & half in espresso, I'm staying low carb even if I eat a fairly large potato per day.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by VeganNightmares View Post
    But what would your response be?
    All.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

ChocoTaco369 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Plants? Choose fatty or colorful ones, not leafy, starchy diarrhea-generating crud! Two avocados and 15 sprouted almonds. A cup of mixed berries. And you're covered.
    Tell that to most traditional societies. Most of them are high starch/low protein. A great way to develop all kinds of food sensitivities is to eat small amounts of carbohydrate. It's anti-thyroid, pro-stress hormone, stifles CO2 production and you know the bacteria in your gut feed off sugar, right? Eliminating fruit and starch is a great way to kill off your beneficial gut bacteria. Starch gives you diarrhea? Probably because you have terrible gut flora, your mitochondria are tired and inefficient (low CO2 - get your CO2 levels tested), your thyroid is slow and you're constantly pumping out estrogen, cortisol, serotonin and adrenaline from forcing your body in a chronic state of gluconeogensis, which is very stressful. I bet milk gives you horrible gas doesn't it?
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    ^Dude settle down. That may be the most nonsense I've ever seen you spout in a single post! Almost none of what you said here has any basis in reality. Gold star bro!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast