Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Much Protein do YOU consume per day? page

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member

How Much Protein do YOU consume per day?

I started a thread a few hours ago about carbs. I really appreciate all the responses. I know what Mark goes for but it is nice to know what fellow apples go for.

So, around how many grams of protein do you consume a day?

And, do you consume more when you lift weights for that day and then less the other days?

Also, do you consume whey protein as a supplement on a regular basis? I go for 2-3 scoops a week... would 4-7 be ok?

Thanks guys! I am loving primal living more and more as each day passes!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

EGYnutrition is offline Senior Member
    Protein consumption at every meal, every time I eat. Don't really count but we did a project for college nutrition and the average consumption was around 160-170 a day.

As far as supplements go, I only supplement with Jay Robb's egg whites when im in a real rush. Otherwise im eating or not eating at all. I would really love to be supplementing with grassfed whey, but don't currently have the funds. Soon enough.

And supplementing multiple times a week is your choice, as long as it doesn't make you feel worse or have any negative side effects then why not? But you really should do your best to get whole foods so you get the proper micronutrients, macronutrients, and enzymes...

In Pursuit of Healthiness, Only to Achieve Happiness!: www.livingnotsurviving.com

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    I shoot for 150 g minimum per day. I also drink a Whey Protein shake every other day if not everyday. I work in a high stress fast paced job so eating the way I want to isn't always something I have a lot of time to do.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

ZoŽ is offline Senior Member
    60g/day.
    I'm building strength and muscle while loosing weight. If I eat more protein I gain fat. Eating 60g allows me the freedom to eat a big steak every once in a while without worrying too much.
    All of my protein comes from meat.

Sterling is offline Member
    200 grams + per day.

mayness is offline Senior Member
    90g a day.

I hadn't been keeping track of my diet at all lately, and since I started logging again 3 days ago, I hadn't even looked at the protein numbers. Just ate whatever came naturally to me. And it was always within a few grams of 90.

I often see people recommend 1g protein per 1lb lean body mass. (But maybe that's just for maintaining muscle.) And considering I weigh 130lbs with a lot of extra body fat, I must be getting fairly close to that.

Quote Originally Posted by EGYnutrition View Post
    Protein consumption at every meal, every time I eat. Don't really count but we did a project for college nutrition and the average consumption was around 160-170 a day.

As far as supplements go, I only supplement with Jay Robb's egg whites when im in a real rush. Otherwise im eating or not eating at all. I would really love to be supplementing with grassfed whey, but don't currently have the funds. Soon enough.

And supplementing multiple times a week is your choice, as long as it doesn't make you feel worse or have any negative side effects then why not? But you really should do your best to get whole foods so you get the proper micronutrients, macronutrients, and enzymes...
    Yea, I am low on funds at the moment so I have to go the whey way sometimes. I eat plenty of veggies and greens, etc. All 4 days I have been in the 90-100 g range. I think I can up that pretty easily.

Quote Originally Posted by AppalachianMatt View Post
    I shoot for 150 g minimum per day. I also drink a Whey Protein shake every other day if not everyday. I work in a high stress fast paced job so eating the way I want to isn't always something I have a lot of time to do.
    Glad to here that someone else drinks as much whey as me. But, it is always best to get it from whole food.

Quote Originally Posted by ZoŽ View Post
    60g/day.
    I'm building strength and muscle while loosing weight. If I eat more protein I gain fat. Eating 60g allows me the freedom to eat a big steak every once in a while without worrying too much.
    All of my protein comes from meat.
    If you are building strength and muscle while losing weight at 60g then keep it up!

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    200 grams + per day.
    Damn dude... that's crazy but awesome. I am half way there

Quote Originally Posted by mayness View Post
    90g a day.

I hadn't been keeping track of my diet at all lately, and since I started logging again 3 days ago, I hadn't even looked at the protein numbers. Just ate whatever came naturally to me. And it was always within a few grams of 90.

I often see people recommend 1g protein per 1lb lean body mass. (But maybe that's just for maintaining muscle.) And considering I weigh 130lbs with a lot of extra body fat, I must be getting fairly close to that.
    You are right where I am. I weight about 133 lbs (soon to be 140) and I eat 90-100 g of protein a day - at least I did for 4 straight days.

Thanks guys!

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    i had 120g today and i am gaining weight

dan.desroches is offline Junior Member
    My meals revolve around protein, so I tend to eat a lot, upwards of 300g daily. Needless to say, costco saved my life!

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by MalPaz View Post
    i had 120g today and i am gaining weight
    I think it is time for me to up my intake... 100 g MINIMUM with up to 150g a day. This will be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by dan.desroches View Post
    My meals revolve around protein, so I tend to eat a lot, upwards of 300g daily. Needless to say, costco saved my life!
    Costco you say, yea? Do they carry quality, organic meat? My mother is a member at Sams Club and refuses to switch to Costco. I have thought about getting a membership there in the past. I think I shall do it this weekend. Should I?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast