Thread: SPRINTS, with cardio injections ??? page

neilc11 is offline Senior Member

SPRINTS, with cardio injections ???

I work my sprints into a 4.3 mile run,
    well,
    warm up, then hard sprint / walk (recovery) / jog again till next hill or land mark and sprint again,
    about 46 minutes total time.
    (I definately get a full hard sprint, bout the 30 second mark, nothin left but to walk it off )
    Here's my question.

is the benefit of the sprint offset by some of the additional cardio between the sprints ?
    (ie, there's about a mile of woods trail I just jog thru, no sprint due to rocky and rooty trails,
    otherwise the recovery is about 90 seconds, then jog to next sprint.)

anyone got some thought on this ?

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Not very optimal because of accumulated fatigue, so the intensity of sprints will be too low, especially the latest. Much better to find a steep hill or a public stair where you can sprint up for 20 - 30 seconds walk down when recuperating. First do 10 - 15 sprints including 3 - 4 warmups and 1 -2 calm downs. Then take a short break for 5 minutes and continue with LISS cardio = 20 - 30 minutes of easy jogging. You can do this protocol 5 - 6 days per week if you like, but only do all out sprints 1 - 2 days a week, so most of the days should be sub maximal efforts. Very efficient for fat burning and bodyrecomposition in my opinion...