Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Aaaaah- going GREY! page 3

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    yes, the henna's that i have found for blondes have cassia leaves and usually chamomile.

I've done chamomile with lemon juice, and there's another one out there that uses these plus marigolds and you make it into a paste with some sort of conditioning something (another use of coconut oil!). But, you have to have some time in the sun to do it, as well, while it is setting.

The chamomile/lemon bit is one you have to use as a daily rinse for several weeks before it works, and i don't wash my hair that often.

j3nn is online now Senior Member
    I've had gray hairs around my temple since I was about 10 or so. My hairdresser said its a birthmark when you get them that early in life. Bless her heart. I'm still dying them as they come. My husband, he looks forward to when he goes gray. His hairstyle would look pretty badass in white.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

sigzephyr is offline Senior Member
    I have stopped colouring my hair and i love my rogue silver streak at the front.
    My new sparklies seem to suit my complexion much more and since doing this i notice how harsh some hair dyes can look.
    Here's some inspiration for you:
    silver haired beauties

sigzephyr is offline Senior Member
    and these too:
    Aged to Perfection

Iron Fireling is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I'm at that stage where I don't have enough salt in the pepper to look elegantly silvery or snowy white. There is just enough grey hairs to look dishwatery. So, I color with henna. It doesn't trash your hair the way the chemical dyes do.
    Me too, although I hate the regrowth... I don't like the look of having just a few silvery strands among the brown... it's okay when it's ALL silver though!

I also have to say, I can't stand people commenting on my gray hairs. I get a lot of the old "you've got GRAY HAIR" and "You're too YOUNG for gray hair!" Actually, at 39 lots of people have a sprinkling of grays, but as I generally look a good 10 years younger, I guess I do look young to have the amount of gray hair I have (although I've known women much younger with more grays, they do tend to be less common).

ssn679doc is offline Senior Member
    I started going grey at @ 25 y/o.... I would rather it turn grey than turn loose......

Comma is offline Senior Member
    I was dying dark brown- my original color- but it just shows. Ugh. Also have 1 inch broad silver coming now that I couldn't be arsed to dye for a month. But unfortunately not everywhere, like temples are still completely dark. Hm.

I think nice skin is important with white hair, though. But would rather work on that than toxic hair.

brighthorse is offline Senior Member
    I shaved my head to celebrate my 50th birthday! I let it stay its natural color ever since. It is an awesome salt and pepper thing that I get complimented on all the time! I just got lucky!

Owly is offline Senior Member
    I'm 35 with just a few hairs turning a nice silver-white. I have really long, dark reddish-brown hair, and I actually think it's pretty when I see women with hair like mine that has some grey in it, especially when it's braided. Seeing those few threads of grey woven through is quite pretty.

Besides, people think I'm around 25 most of the time, and I'm hoping some greys will give me some gravitas. Looking like a very young woman is a bit of a liability in my professional life.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

Met a friend of my cousin's this summer, she was probably ~30, and had bold streaks of natural gray along with her black hair. She was very good looking and the gray & black... very sexy.

All in how you wear it.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast