Thread: Chicken giblets? page

Violette_R is offline Senior Member

Chicken giblets?

Primal Fuel
    Confession #1: I'm 37 years old and have never cooked a whole chicken. The closest I've come is Cornish game hen. So I'm rectifying this today; it's in the oven right now. I have high hopes despite already making a rookie mistake: find trussing twine BEFORE you're elbow deep in salmonella.

Confession #2: I'm TERRIFIED of organ meat. My only experience with it is my mother forcing me to eat to eat cow liver when I was little. I wasn't allowed to leave the table until I ate at least one bite and I despised it. As an adult I learned that my mother was actually a pretty terrible cook and it's possible I hated the liver because she sucked at cooking it, but I haven't worked up the nerve to test this hypothesis yet.

There's currently a bag of chicken giblets in my fridge. Any recommendations what to do with them other than feed them to the cat?

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    1 - Cook a whole chicken. Blimey, mate, anyone can cook a chicken ... cook it, eat it and enjoy it. Fail? Cook a few poussin as practice

2 - organs ... giblets, particularly ... make pate. Fry off the gibets with some mushrooms if you're really gagging at the thought, blend the lot with a hand blender, cool in a ramekin and eat with celery. Enjoy. Go from there.

lavarock808 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Here's an easy giblet recipe that (too me) is tasty. Brown giblets in olive oil, butter, etc. Cover w/ tomato/"pasta" sauce and sauteed onions,garlic,rosemary,wine(?). Don't forget pepper flakes! Simmer till tender. Serve with broccoli, roasted pumpkin...