Hello all,

I started a primal diet this weekend due to my glucose numbers getting whacky as of late. Although the blood work analyzed by my endocrinologist doesn't clearly state if I'm Type 1 or Type 2 diabetic yet, I've been taking insulin for the past year to help prolong the function of my pancreas.

To make a long story short, most of the primal meals have not required me to take insulin. However, for dinner last night, I ate broiled pork chops with butter, and a healthy salad with some avocados and grape tomatoes and my glucose rose to 200 afterwards. I ate a similar leftover meal for lunch today with sesame seeds added to my salad and my glucose was over 200 an hour later.

I realize that I shouldn't just go off insulin right away, but I thought it was strange that both times I ate pork chops that my glucose rose so much. I've had bacon without any problems, so I was wondering if anyone knows what the glycemic load of pork chops are?

I understand that pork chops essentially have 0 carbs so the glycemic index is negligible.

Also, are there any good sites for glycemic index and loads? The sydney site seems weak and incomplete in my opinion.

Thanks, and sorry for the long post.
Jason