Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lifting heavy (or other hard stuff) and Low carbing page 2

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Yeah, a bit of looking has told me that too - you can use glyconeogenisis to make glycogen from protien, but not from fat apart from here Glycogen replenishment and insulin surging without carbs - Topic at the end of the post there is some complex method for using various things to replace glycogen.

I think I'm just gonna try eating something with some carbs in straight after a LHT is HIIT session regardless of wether I feel hungry or not. See how that makes me feel, as it would seem that not eating is having an effect many hours later.

I would guess that the carbs will just go straight into restocking depleted glycogen and not really have any long-term effects on using low carb to lose weight.

Just have to work out how much now and in what form to eat it (probably be a banananananananananan, though if I'm feeling flash it might be a coconut milk and berry smoothie, mmmmmmm)
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Depending on how much intense exercise you are doing, but it is indeed possible to go low carbs for several days without replenishing glycogen. Personally I fill up on carbs Saturday and Sunday and it goes perfectly well to eat low or no carbs on Monday, even if doing a heavy power workout. Tuesday goes normally fine also and maybe I can get it to Thursday, before feeling the “bonk”, but usually it feel optimal to get a carb load on Wednesday and then back to low carb eating until Saturday. It also depends on other activities and lifestyle though…

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    I don't really think I do all that much intense excersise, certainly in terms of time. Most intense thing is LHT but I only do that once a week, that maybe takes me maybe 30 - 45 mins including rests between sets. HIIT is just 2 sets of tabata intervals once a week, so thats only 8 mins total. 3 sessions of 7 weeks to 50 pull ups, but each time it only takes a few minutes. I suppose it's a lot of times, even if not a lot of time

Maybe a carby meal after LHT would sort me out for the rest of the week?
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12