Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primal Journal (Elle Yang) page 2

ElleYang is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Man, it felt good to stuff done yesterday! I'll take errands in the Xmas crowds and heat over sitting in front of my work computer any day.

1. Eat plants and animals:
    Breakfast: Blueberry porridge made of almond flour and coconut flour; Wasn't very good, won't make it again
    Lunch: 2 chicken sausages, 1 cup of TJ's caramel corn; Wanted some kind of vegetable but was too hungry and tired from errands to put the effort in
    Snack: Chunk of salami
    Dinner: Steak, 1/2 yam with butter, massaged kale
    Dessert: TJ's goodies
    To drink: Water, coffee, green tea
    2. Move slowly, frequently: 2 walks - one with the pup; Shopping; Housework
    3. Lift heavy: Nope
    4. Sprint: Sprinted at the park; 6 100-meters
    5. Sleep well: Done
    6. Play: Played alittle fetch, watched White Christmas with home-grown social commentary and many laughs
    7. Get sunlight: Plenty. In the sun most of the day.
    8. Avoid trauma: Done
    9. Avoid poison: Nope, still working on the Trader Joe's booty
    10. Use your brain: Did alot of thinking, read alot, interesting conversations with my hubs

Overall, it was a good day. I love getting stuff done. I was hoping for alittle more downtime to just hang around, but ran out of time. I'll hopefully make time for lounging today. I did finally go to the grocery store. I'm looking forward to making pseudo kalua pig and beef-butternut squash bake.

Great weekend! I feel recharged to take on the work week. We ate tasty foods like almond butter pancakes, pulled pork with homemade BBQ sauce, ribs with the BBQ sauce, steak, kale, and sausage. There was also way to much Trader Joe's snacks consumed. We went alittle too wild with the peppermint joe joes. The hub and I are both feeling a bit gross and sluggish, so we are taking it easy with the treats. Well, we ate most of it already so we'd have to slow down whether we wanted to or not!
    We went on walks, hiked, enjoyed the ocean, climbed, worked out, napped, played board games, read. GREAT weekend!

Yesterday:

Eat meat and plants:
    - Breakfast: Sweet potato mash, chicken sausage
    - Lunch: Beef-butternut squash-marinara bake
    - Snacks: Handful of mac nuts, chunk of salami, scoop of sweet potato mash
    - Dinner: 3 strips of bacon, 2 eggs, roasted broccoli, one beer
    Move slowly: Walked on my breaks at work, planned on walking the pup but had to give stranded hubs a battery jump
    Lift heavy: Rest day
    Sprint: Rest day
    Sleep well: Done; Slept like a rock for 9 hours
    Play: Played some Rummikub, watched Parks and Rec
    Get sunshine: Walking and driving
    Avoid accidents: Done
    Avoid poisonous things: Ate 4-5 disgusting Russel Stovers chocolates. They tasted like cheap milk chocolate and corn syrup. Why on Earth did I eat that many of them?
    Use your brain: Played Rummikub; May have done some thinking or writing at work - it's hard to remember

I should do a strength workout when I get home. We'll see how motivated I am.

Pretty normal Tuesday yesterday. Spent too much time sitting down.

Breakfast: 1 strip of bacon, chunk of salami, few spoonfuls of mashed sweet potato
    Lunch: Beef-butternut squash bake
    Snack: Mac nuts, salami, coconut butter
    Dinner: Honey-mustard salmon, mashed sweet potato, roasted broccoli
    Dessert: 1/2 a chocolate orange from TJ's - delicious! I only have some almond snowman cookies left from my care package. That stuff went quick!

Walked on my breaks, but no exercise or walking after work. I wanted to relax. Gave the smelly pup a bath, had an early dinner, and watched Sanctum. Love that movie!
    I slept well last night. I was awake for 30-60 minutes early in AM, but other than that, out like a light.

I have plans to sprint with Hubs this evening. I should probably do it. And maybe some pullups afterward.

Yesterday:

I need to start doing these updates each night instead of the next day. It's hard to remember everything!

Breakfast: Alittle beef-squash bake
    Lunch: Beef-squash bake, 1 chocolate chip cookie from the breakroom
    Snack: 2 chocolate chip cookies that Hubs brought home from work
    Dinner: Fritatta made with bacon and broccoli, roasted sweet potato
    Dessert: 2 chocolate chip cookies; Man, they were good! Homemade with coconut flakes and walnuts...
    Drinks: Water, green tea, black tea

I didn't walk on my breaks because it was windy and raining.

Did a total body strength workout.
    Squat and press
    Reverse lunge with kick and punch
    Deadlifts
    V-ups

Watched 127 hours. I miss Canyonlands. I miss the Colorado Plateau!

Breakfast: Sardines, coconut butter. Not a very satisfying meal but I hadn't gone grocery shopping in awhile. I don't recommend sardines first thing in the morning
    Lunch: Fritatta, mac nuts
    Snack: Salami, coconut water
    Dinner: Venison burgers (sans bun, of course) with sharp cheddar
    Dessert: The last of the TJs almond snowman cookies

I didn't walk on my morning break because it was stormy outside. But I did walk on my afternoon break and walked the pup after work. Also did 3 sets of planks.

Yay! It's Saturday! Hubs is out climbing with some friends this morning, so I get the house to myself for the morning. And he cleaned yesterday, so I have a clean house all to myself! I already worked out, showered, ate breakfast, and I'm planning on chatting with my BFF soon. Awesome morning!

Workout was:
    V-ups
    Side crunches
    Squat and press
    Jumping squats
    Pullups
    Weighted walking lunges
    Jumping lunges
    3X

I'm loving quick and dirty workouts lately. I can always squeeze in 20 minutes of exercise.
    Breakfast was a scramble with eggs, beef, kale, green onions, cheddar cheese, and cholula with mate to drink. Delicious! I bought a bag of Boulder Malt Vinegar & Sea Salt chips at the store this morning. So I'll be sharing those with Hubs at some point.
    I finally remembered to take my weight and measurements so I can track my progress.

Height: 5'9"
    Weight: 155.5
    Arm: 12"
    Waist: 30.375"
    Upper hips: 36.5"
    Lower hips: 38.5"
    Thigh: 23.25"

I'd love to lose 10 pounds, but I'm not too concerned. I generally like the way I look and feel at this weight. Losing an inch or two off my thighs would be a dream. Just enough so that they don't rub together when I walk and I'd be satisfied.

Yesterday:
    Breakfast: 2 eggs, chunk of salami
    Lunch: 2 beef patties, romaine with oil and vinegar, mac nuts
    Dinner: Last night was the office holiday party. I had 3 glasses of wine that got me drunk (yes, I'm a lightweight). I had one roll because I didn't know when we would actually get to eating dinner and the first 2 glasses of wine were starting to hit pretty hard. Dinner was prime rib with a bit of mashed potatoes and steamed vegetables.
    Other drinks: black tea, green tea, black tea with half a candy cane dissolved in it

Super awesome day! Started the day off climbing with some friends. The pup had a great time exploring and getting lots of attenttion.

Breakfast: Scramble with eggs, beef, green onion, cheddar cheese, kale
    Snack: Wild pineapple from an abandoned field
    Lunch: Salmon and kale salad
    Snack: Chunk of salami, big spoonful of coconut butter
    Dinner: BBQ chicken, steamed broccoli
    Dessert: 85% chocolate

We had some great burgers for lunch yestyerday. For the buns I did this:

1/4 cup coconut flour
    1 teas. baking powder
    1/4 teas. salt
    1/4 teas. garlic powder
    1/2 cup water
    3 eggs

Blend until smooth. Cook low and slow in a skillet (like pancakes). It made 2 complete buns and was very tasty!

Dinner was steak and steamed broccoli. Dessert was way too many chocolate covered strawberries. I had a mid-morning beer, too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12