Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: face bloating, can't fix page

DrNasty is offline Junior Member

face bloating, can't fix

hello everyone... stumbled upon this site doing some google searching and from what i've read, it seems everyone is well informed on dietary related issues...

here's my story... recently lost 25 pounds and feel great.. one thing that's been putting a major hinderance on everything.. and that's my face bloating.. on rare occasions to i feel my face is as slim and tight as it should be.. it's almost always bloated my doctor seems to think i'm salt sensitive.. i dont add salt to anything and only eat a breakfast sandwich every morning that was previously frozen/microwaved .. nothing else i eat is preserved i definitely notice a difference if i drink more water... but it's not a 100% fix

i don't know as much about this as you guys.. so looking for any useful input. for example.. i notice major bloating after eating something like pizza... is it the salt? can the carbs from that bloat your face? i feel if this is the case then what is there that i can eat that wont do this to me?! since i try and watch my calories, i try to eat a lot of chicken usually as a sandwich.. this can cause my face to bloat too! the only fruits/veggies i eat in a day is a salad during dinner.. always been one of my issues... could eating more in this area help my issue? and if so, what specifically would be best?

another thing that's an issue is with alcohol... literally after 1 or 2 drinks my face blows up! i try to combat this buy drinking bottles and bottles of water before I go out to a point where my urine is as clear as the water i'm drinking.. this sometimes can keep my face thin/tight but most of the time it doesn't.. it really upsets me because i worked so hard to lose all the weight.. and still can't feel confident when I go out...

please, any advice would be much appreciated... this is something i face on a daily basis and would love to better combat/fix it!

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    Sounds like a food sensitivity to me - what's in those sandwiches? Bread? you may well be sensitive to grains, especially wheat (not just gluten - and beer would probably have the same effect).

JEL62 is offline Senior Member
    For what it's worth, if I consume a lot of sodium and/or grains my face bloats up like the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man. If I follow strict paleo on the other hand, my face loses its puffiness within days. For me it's a water retention thing, and also contributes to the puffy dark circles under my eyes. It's actually been a really helpful barometer for my diet. If I eat poorly, I see it in the mirror.

i too deal with dark puffy circles under my eyes.. and face is usually always puffy in the morning no matter what... is there anyway i can get tested to see if I am allergic or sensitive to things like sodium, wheat/gluten?

i usually just go straight meat and cheese... and with bread yes...

for example my face was all good yesterday and then ate a buffalo chicken sandwich (bun, chicken breast, buffalo sauce, cheese) and face was bloated/puffy afterwards

JEL62 is offline Senior Member
    Not for nothing, but I think you have answered your own question in this thread.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    My face used to be really round and puffy in the past, even when I wasn't overweight. Since I've eliminated wheat and processed sugars I look different. Not gaunt or anything, but my cheek bones are more pronounced and my face is no longer round but more oval. I get comments on that often. Even I'm almost shocked to see and compare my before and current pictures. My face really looked as if I was obese.

So, yes bread and processed foods will totally do that to you.

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Have you ever eliminated grains? I have a round face that used to get bloated and giving up grains eliminated the bloated face for me. I still have a round face of course, but now you can see my cheek bones and structure and it looks thin.

Chelw is offline Junior Member
    If it is not grains making your face bloat, the only other common denominator with the two meals you mentioned (pizza & chicken sandwich) would be nightshades. You mentioned the sandwich had buffalo sauce. Peppers are nightshades as well as tomatoes used to make your pizza sauce. Might be worth looking into!

Sandra in BC is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNasty View Post
    hello everyone... stumbled upon this site doing some google searching and from what i've read, it seems everyone is well informed on dietary related issues...

here's my story... recently lost 25 pounds and feel great.. one thing that's been putting a major hinderance on everything.. and that's my face bloating.. on rare occasions to i feel my face is as slim and tight as it should be.. it's almost always bloated my doctor seems to think i'm salt sensitive.. i dont add salt to anything and only eat a breakfast sandwich every morning that was previously frozen/microwaved .. nothing else i eat is preserved i definitely notice a difference if i drink more water... but it's not a 100% fix

i don't know as much about this as you guys.. so looking for any useful input. for example.. i notice major bloating after eating something like pizza... is it the salt? can the carbs from that bloat your face? i feel if this is the case then what is there that i can eat that wont do this to me?! since i try and watch my calories, i try to eat a lot of chicken usually as a sandwich.. this can cause my face to bloat too! the only fruits/veggies i eat in a day is a salad during dinner.. always been one of my issues... could eating more in this area help my issue? and if so, what specifically would be best?

another thing that's an issue is with alcohol... literally after 1 or 2 drinks my face blows up! i try to combat this buy drinking bottles and bottles of water before I go out to a point where my urine is as clear as the water i'm drinking.. this sometimes can keep my face thin/tight but most of the time it doesn't.. it really upsets me because i worked so hard to lose all the weight.. and still can't feel confident when I go out...

please, any advice would be much appreciated... this is something i face on a daily basis and would love to better combat/fix it!
    Bread and alcohol. Made from grains. I think you answered your own question.

Try eating a primal diet -- aka GRAIN FREE -- and see if you notice a difference. Yes, it really can be that simple. The first change I noticed was that my edema disappeared.
    Sandra
    *My obligatory intro

There are no cheat days. There are days when you eat primal and days you don't. As soon as you label a day a cheat day, you're on a diet. Don't be on a diet. ~~ Fernaldo

DAINTY CAN KISS MY PRIMAL BACKSIDE. ~~ Crabcakes

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    i'll definitely give it a shot guys.. i really appreciate it i've already started as of today.. is there any kind of doctor i could go to to find out if this is legitimately what's causing this? like i said i'm going to give it a crack but i'm a hard evidence kind of guy.. and down the road would want to know for sure this is what's causing it.. why there is some doubt still is there's been times where i've been able to go out and drink and my face stays fine.. it's of the minority but it still happens.. also like i said earlier.. when i a lot of water and hydrate myself.. it almost always helps.. if it was eating the grains.. would drinking water/hyrdating myself help fix it still? i'm 22 so cutting out the alcohol will be tough.. but i will at least be able to give it a full week til the next time i'll be going out to see if anything changes... thanks again guys and continue to spew out your great information.. so far you've made my day

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast