Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: face bloating, can't fix page 3

DrNasty is offline Junior Member
    Shop Now
    all great stuff everyone.. just a little overwhelming! haha i've always been a picky eater so it's stressing me out a bit after reading all your comments.. at this point i don't even know what I can eat anymore! so what i seem to be getting is the food diary is big.. so i'll definitely start that.. (shouldn't be too hard since the things i eat don't vary too much) the nightshades thing can definitely be something.. because after thinking about it.. my face always seems to puff up after eating buffalo wings also.. (just like it did for the sandwich) so i'll be taking note of that.. can i get some suggestions of what to eat this week to stay away from grains? all I can think of as of right now is chicken and salad haha.. also regarding teh food diary.. i assume i should keep track of what i look like before i eat.. compared to after? and can i assume from the lack of response regarding getting tests done.. there's no way to test for these kind of sensitivities/reactions..other than trial and error with what i eat...? i've always ate jimmy johns and subway a lot.. is there any substitutes at those places to stay away from grains? my lunch at work is always eaten out and usually comes in a form of a chicken sandwich.. not sure what i'm going to do now

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    it sounds like you're eating a lot of either fast or processed foods. those breakfast sandwiches from the freezer? likely have crap grains, crap oils, and terrible quality meat/eggs. and loads of sodium. that buffalo chicken sandwich? crap grains, crap oils, crap commercial chicken and tons of salt. same with the pizza.

ditch the grains. and the fast food.

eat fresh meats and veggies. simple.

as for tests, i know when they test for celiac, the alarm may not go all the way off for somebody who just has an intolerance so cw and traditional doctors are not going to be much help.

you need to find out what works and doesn't work for you.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

another thing worth noting too which confuses/stresses me out even more is that i remember wed thurs fri of one week i was eating 2 lean cuisines for lunch (chicken parmesan and salisbury steak w/ mac n cheese) and on the saturday.. my whole body/face felt very tight and thin.. i was making an effort to drink a lot of water those days too since i was aware of all the sodium in them what's weird is that the chicken parm contains grains and a nightshade, and the salisburry steak had the mac and cheese.. a grain so add that w/t he preservatives..?? that's why this is very stressful cuz one my range of diet isn't very big and two... it's going to be very hard to nail this stuff down since it varies.. that's why i keep bringing up the tests.. it would make it much easier

Annlee is offline Senior Member
    There aren't many (any??) good blood tests for grain sensitivities. But most of us have figured things out empirically - what causes each of us problems. I had no idea wheat bothered me until I gave it up as essentially empty calories I couldn't afford - and all kinds of little problems I hadn't even noticed, or had grown accustomed to, simply disappeared. And some not so little ones ... like a form of IBS and a lot of brain fog.

We all have somewhat different genetics and epigenetics. Start with keeping track of food and how you feel. Back off to meat and veggies to start - lots of good possibilities there. When you test something, either by removal or addition, test only that one thing. As a rule, most of use do better with animal products, though some are sensitive to dairy (fortunately I am not). Various plant products bother different people - so you will have to find out over time what matters to you.

It will take time, but the advantage of dropping back to meat and veggies to start is that hopefully things will clear up quickly, and you can find the offenders one by one.

And no one here endorses grains - they are almost always bad news, especially if you have an existing problem going. They are pervasive, but with a little practice and creativity you can avoid them. It rarely hurts to claim a food sensitivity of people press you to eat bread/pasta/breaded food (those wings were probably breaded ...).

fitmom is offline Senior Member
    What are you eating when you feel amazing? Energized, no bloating, strong, fit, satisfied? Eat more of that. If you don't often feel amazing, try eating Paleo/Primal for awhile & see what happens.

alright alright... so if i'm understanding correctly.. stick to just meat and veggies (for how long exactly) and see if i notice changes... assuming it works and my face stays thin... start trying different things one thing at a time and see what causes changes.. what does not? i see a lot of chicken salads in my future haha..

i eat zone bars as snacks.. they don't have grains as far i know but it says they are manufactured in a plant that also deals with wheat.. i should be fine eating those still right?

also is making sure i'm getting enough fluids in my system still important in regards to how my face reacts?

also just started lifting weights again.. haven't started taking it yet but is whey protein alright to take?

thanks so much guys!

noodletoy is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrNasty View Post
    another thing worth noting too which confuses/stresses me out even more is that i remember wed thurs fri of one week i was eating 2 lean cuisines for lunch (chicken parmesan and salisbury steak w/ mac n cheese) and on the saturday.. my whole body/face felt very tight and thin.
    lean cuisine salisbury steak:
    Ingredients:

WATER, BEEF, BLANCHED MACARONI (WATER, SEMOLINA, WHEAT GLUTEN), SKIM MILK, ONIONS, MUSHROOMS, 2% OR LESS OF MODIFIED CORNSTARCH, SOY PROTEIN CONCENTRATE (WITH CARAMEL COLOR), CHEDDAR CLUB CHEESE (CHEDDAR CHEESE (CULTURED MILK, SALT, ENZYMES), WATER, SALT, ANNATTO COLOR), ROLLED OATS, CHEESE FLAVOR (CHEDDAR, GRANULAR, SEMISOFT AND BLUE CHEESE (CULTURED MILK, SALT, ENZYMES), WATER, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, WHEY, VINEGAR, SALT, CITRIC ACID), TOMATO PUREE (WATER, TOMATO PASTE), BLEACHED WHEAT FLOUR, SALT, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, CHEDDAR CHEESE (CULTURED MILK, SALT, ENZYMES), RICE STARCH, FLAVOR (MALTODEXTRIN, SALT, YEAST EXTRACT, SOY SAUCE (SOYBEANS, WHEAT, SALT), CONTAINS LESS THAN 2% BEEF EXTRACT, BEEF FAT, FLAVOR, TAPIOCA DEXTRIN, THIAMIN HYDROCHLORIDE), FLAVOR (WATER, FLAVOR, MALTODEXTRIN, SALT, CARAMEL COLOR, LESS THAN 2% OF LACTIC ACID, ENZYME MODIFIED CREAM), YEAST EXTRACT, GARLIC PUREE, SUGAR, EGG WHITES, CHEESE FLAVOR (CHEDDAR CHEESE (CULTURED MILK, SALT, ENZYMES), WATER, SALT, ENZYMES, CULTURES, PHOSPHORIC ACID, XANTHAN GUM), DEHYDRATED SOY SAUCE (SOYBEANS, SALT, WHEAT), MUSHROOM BASE (SAUTEED MUSHROOMS, SUGAR, SALT, CANOLA OIL, MALTODEXTRIN, ONION POWDER, 2% OR LESS OF POTATO STARCH, HYDROLYZED WHEAT GLUTEN, MUSHROOM JUICE CONCENTRATE, CARAMEL COLOR, NATURAL FLAVORS, GARLIC JUICE CONCENTRATE, ONION JUICE CONCENTRATE, SOYBEAN OIL, XANTHAN GUM), DEHYDRATED GARLIC, SPICES, CARAMEL COLOR, SOYBEAN OIL, NATURAL FLAVORS, CULTURED WHEY, BEEF STOCK, CARRAGEENAN, ANNATTO COLOR, NATURAL FLAVOR.

Contains: milk, egg, soy and wheat

lean cuisine chick parm:

Ingredients:

TOMATOES, BLANCHED SPAGHETTI (WATER, SEMOLINA), COOKED BREADED WHITE CHICKEN MEAT, GROUND AND FORMED (WHITE CHICKEN MEAT, WATER, SEASONING (MODIFIED FOOD STARCH, SUGAR, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, YEAST EXTRACT, DEXTROSE, SPICE, ONION POWDER, GARLIC POWDER, PAPRIKA), ISOLATED SOY PROTEIN, SODIUM PHOSPHATE, SALT. BREADED WITH: ENRICHED BLEACHED WHEAT FLOUR (NIACIN, REDUCED IRON, THIAMINE MONONITRATE, RIBOFLAVIN, FOLIC ACID), DEXTROSE, SALT, MALTODEXTRIN, PARMESAN CHEESE (PARTIALLY SKIM MILK, CULTURES, SALT, ENZYMES), WHEY, ENZYME MODIFIED PARMESAN CHEESE (PARMESAN CHEESE {MILK, STARTER CULTURE, SALT, ENZYMES}, CREAM, NATURAL FLAVOR), SPICE, ONION POWDER, GARLIC POWDER, PARSLEY, CARAMEL COLOR, SOYBEAN OIL, EXTRACTIVES OF PAPRIKA. BREADING SET IN VEGETABLE OIL), TOMATO PUREE (WATER, TOMATO PASTE), PART SKIM MOZZARELLA CHEESE (CULTURED MILK, SALT, ENZYMES), ONIONS, 2% OR LESS OF WATER, SUGAR, SOYBEAN OIL, BASIL, MODIFIED CORNSTARCH, GARLIC PUREE, SALT, POTASSIUM CHLORIDE, SPICES, SKIM MILK, XANTHAN GUM, FLAVORS.

Contains: MILK, SOY, WHEAT INGREDIENTS

i feel a little queasy just reading this.

why this is very stressful cuz one my range of diet isn't very big and two... it's going to be very hard to nail this stuff down since it varies.. that's why i keep bringing up the tests.. it would make it much easier
    your diet isn't at all varied. it's filled with a variety of kraptastic processed and convenience foods. eat real food. not from a box. it takes only minutes to cook a fresh steak or ground beef.
    Last edited by noodletoy; 12-02-2012 at 05:03 PM.
    As I ate the oysters with their strong taste of the sea and their faint metallic taste that the cold white wine washed away, leaving only the sea taste and the succulent texture, and as I drank their cold liquid from each shell and washed it down with the crisp taste of the wine, I lost the empty feeling and began to be happy and to make plans.

Ernest Hemingway

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123