Thread: New guy page

MikeD is offline Junior Member

New guy

Shop Now
    Hey everybody, my name is Mike. I'm 33 and making the change to the primal lifestyle. I am an avid powerlifter, not famous or super strong, but I'm working on getting stronger. Currently, I train raw, which is belt and wraps. No straps, chalk is best. So right now, I'm trying to implement changes slowly. A few primal meals per week to start, but mostly lifestyle changes will happen first...sleep, stressors etc. I currently work from 330 am until noon, so getting my sleep right will be difficult. Anyway, wanted to drop in and introduce myself and start posting. Hope everyone has a great weekend.

MikeD is offline Junior Member
    Just a little more about me. I am a father of a very energetic almost 2 year old boy. Something that I bring to the table here is 20 years experience in the weight room. I've trained for bodybuilding, which doesn't go too well when you have the metabolism of a horse. I was in the Marine Corps for 5 years, so I understand how to train unconventionally. And for he last few years I've trained for powerlifting (strength training). While I have not yet competed, I feel that powerlifting has taught me a great deal more than bodybuilding. Don't judge a book by its cover. Don't listen to critics. Do the research and experimentation on your own. Only you can figure out what works for you. My main reason for being here is that I don't want to be unhealthy anymore. I want to ensure the health of my family and get my wife healthy too.

froggie is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeD View Post
    Just a little more about me. I am a father of a very energetic almost 2 year old boy. Something that I bring to the table here is 20 years experience in the weight room. I've trained for bodybuilding, which doesn't go too well when you have the metabolism of a horse. I was in the Marine Corps for 5 years, so I understand how to train unconventionally. And for he last few years I've trained for powerlifting (strength training). While I have not yet competed, I feel that powerlifting has taught me a great deal more than bodybuilding. Don't judge a book by its cover. Don't listen to critics. Do the research and experimentation on your own. Only you can figure out what works for you. My main reason for being here is that I don't want to be unhealthy anymore. I want to ensure the health of my family and get my wife healthy too.
    Welcome Mike, it's amazing the changes that diet alone can bring to your health, while you're looking to experiment with a few primal meals at first I think you'll reap the benefits from the primal diet once you drop the grain and refined sugars entirely -- give that a real shot for a week or two before you decide you can't do it.
    A few primal meals may give you a sense of how easy primal cooking is, but you need consistency for your body to turn into a fat-burning machine.

Best of success to you -- and if you are able take the family along on your journey, even better! I have a 3 year old who eats mostly primal now that I've purged the house from the SAD staples. (Though I don't get to make his lunches right now, and we do allow special treats outside the house)

Adopted the Primal lifestyle on: August 9 2012.
    My sporadic journal entries are here.

Results to date: I've lost (gained?) one belt hole!