Thread: Walking as a workout? page

wrigal01 is offline Junior Member

Walking as a workout?

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm studying abroad in Santiago, Chile and public transportation is expensive and crowded, so I end up often walking at least two hours a day. I've also been sprinting three a week and lifting three times a week. Lately I've been kind of exhausted--should I go down to sprinting only once or twice a week and counting all the walking I'm doing as some type of workout? I've also found that I have far more sugar cravings (which I usually satisfy with a serving of fruit or two) on the days that I sprint. What would you guys suggest?

--Alli

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Mark only suggests sprinting once every 7-10 days. Sounds like you need to cut back.

wrigal01 is offline Junior Member
    Cool I can for sure cut back on the sprints, but what kind of workouts should I do on the days that I'm not sprinting or lifting?

PMAC is offline Member
    Its pretty simple. Do a whole body lifting workout 3 days, sprint 1-2 times and walk 6-7 days. If you feel like you must do something on a non lift or sprint day do 10 minutes of kettle bell swings, farmers carries burpees, etc.

Ezioun is offline Junior Member
    Walking is also included in cardio workouts. No need to change any thing, just continue with what your were doing.