Limited Time: Grab your FREE Box of Dark Chocolate Almond Bars Get Yours>>Close
Open

Thread: Need Some Help with Challenges

Threaded View

Red face Need Some Help with Challenges

Hello All,

If anyone can offer any tips or suggestions to the following challenges, I'm all ears.

1. The day starts with coffee and that blasted, addictive Coffeemate creamer. I've given up coffee at least 10 times, only to go back to it...after 5 days of constipation I just can't take it anymore and I go right back to it. I know I have to give it up, but I'm kicking & screaming about it. Is it possible to give up coffee once and for all?

2. I have a high-stress job as an executive director of a senior community, and the hours are crazy, with calls in the middle of the night, etc. It's hard to get water in or eat regularly. I'd quit but I actually enjoy what I do. The employees think they're being kind by leaving a grilled cheese sandwich, chips and a coke on my desk for when I get a chance to take a bite.

3. My husband owns a bar so I can drink for free if I want to. Not a huge issue, but it's a fun business and a part of our lives. He can eat what he wants and not gain a pound, and he's not very supportive by bringing pizza home twice a week.

So now I've been 30 pounds overweight for the last 10 years--after getting hit by a car and being fed nothing but carbs for a brain injury, I've never been able to get back to the fit athlete I used to be, even though my brain has recovered

It took a good year to actually post something on a forum--so I'm feeling a bit vulnerable and desperate. Any suggestions are welcome!
    Last edited by lifeswitch; 12-02-2012 at 05:39 AM.