Thread: Insulin resistance and weight loss page

Patches is offline Junior Member

Insulin resistance and weight loss

Primal Fuel
    Hi all,

I'm severely insulin resistant and currently take 1,000mg of metformin every day. My blood glucose is normal. I'm 42F and have about 30lbs to lose.

I have been advised to adopt a diet that will take me into ketosis and it sounds like Primal doesn't recommend that for more than a few days. I've been tracking my carbs and weight and it seems that if I get over about 60-70gms a day, my weight goes up on the scale the next day. I'm assuming that this is mainly due to water retention and inflammation. Would that be right?

Is it it safe/advisable to stay below 60gm for a long time? I figure if I stop eating processed food, sugar, dairy and grains, something has to give. I'm a total carb addict and find it hard to go for more than about a week without ending up in a binge.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    It is safe to live in ketosis. Paleobird does it for epilepsy. Just modify the list of primal foods to eat so that you stay as low carb as possible. The best thing about eating primal isn't about the carbs, it's about the food quality. Eating real food will allow your body to actually heal.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!