Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will he think I'm fat? page 2

magnolia1973 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    10 lbs? He probably won't notice. Be confident, but set yourself up to succeed.

Find a great outfit. Something that makes you look amazing. What is your body type? That matters more than weight in choosing great clothes. Buy a size that fits you and get it altered if needed. Seriously, go put some time into finding an outfit. Try on 20 pairs of jeans until you find the ones that make your ass look amazing. Try on a bunch of dresses until you say "damn that chick in the mirror is sexy". Make sure the bra lifts and seperates the girls and get some good panties that don't cause panty lines.

Then update your hair and make up as needed. Be the best you. So often people put on 10 lbs and just give up on everything else. If you dress right it will give you confidence. But it takes some effort. You can't lose 10 lbs in a weekend, but you can take 10 lbs off your appearance with some time in a dressing room.

People don't notice minor weight gain. They notice a schleppy appearance or someone that looks really put together. Be put together.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by freedom.please View Post
    Suggestions for a self conscious girl ?
    Get over it. Will he notice 10 pounds you gained when he sees you two years later? No. Hell, you are 129 pounds not 329. What he might very well notice is that you think you are fat and that lack of confidence is about as sexy as granny panties on a chimpanzee. (Not very sexy at all for those of you who may be unclear on the issue). Honestly, few things are a bigger turn-off than a woman who is within healthy weight ranges thinking she is fat.

"Does this dress make me look fat?" "I ate a cookie, do my hips look big?" "*sighs* I wish I was a size <insert whatever miniscule number here> instead of <equally small number>" Seriously, shut up already.

So will he think you are fat? No. Will he think you are annoying as f*ck if you go on about being fat while being a healthy weight? Yes.

freedom.please is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilleh View Post
    Lose 10 pounds?
    I have been trying! Believe me it is a process for a college student with anxiety.
    Quote Originally Posted by kenn View Post
    Exercise
    I work out nearly every day, some times twice
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodorchid View Post
    OP it's just ten lbs, if he's still into you he'll still want to jump bones and happily do it

because it's just 10, not 100 (;
    Yay, gota love the guys response... haha thanks for the encouragement
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fireling View Post
    Ten pounds is not THAT much! Besides from your siggy I can see that you're not really that heavy for your height either . I'm sure you look absolutely fine! Besides which, as others have said, if he is THAT bothered by it he's not worth worrying about! I can understand him being put off if you had put on 50+ pounds, which is a lot more... but you've hardly done that!
    For me it is a matter of not feeling like I am in the body I should be, no I am not over weight, but it is amazing what ten pounds can do to your body
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    10 lbs? He probably won't notice. Be confident, but set yourself up to succeed.

Find a great outfit. Something that makes you look amazing. What is your body type? That matters more than weight in choosing great clothes. Buy a size that fits you and get it altered if needed. ........

Then update your hair and make up as needed. Be the best you. So often people put on 10 lbs and just give up on everything else. ......

People don't notice minor weight gain. They notice a schleppy appearance or someone that looks really put together. Be put together.
    This is really what I needed, thank you. See, I do not do well with fashion/style/ understanding how to find the right fitting cloths
    My body type - small waist, huge butt, big thighs -- muscle in the legs and the fat seems to go there too. I hate shopping for jeans, and knowing I am working towards losing my 10 pounds makes me not want to shop for them until I have! A lot of things I own right now I know I should not be wearing at my current physique ha.

Seriously though, a big thanks. I know it sounds silly, but you have all made me reevaluate my thinking. Oh what our minds can get us into...
    "Never regret. If it's good, its wonderful. If it's bad its experience"
    -Victoria Hold
    F/Age 21 height 5' 3"
    HW 134
    CW 124
    GW 120

canio6 Guest
    My body type - small waist, huge butt, big thighs --
    Oh, I think you will be just fine.

This is really what I needed, thank you. See, I do not do well with fashion/style/ understanding how to find the right fitting cloths
    My body type - small waist, huge butt, big thighs -- muscle in the legs and the fat seems to go there too. I hate shopping for jeans, and knowing I am working towards losing my 10 pounds makes me not want to shop for them until I have! A lot of things I own right now I know I should not be wearing at my current physique ha.
    Oh.... so you are built like a sexy woman like normal men love, but not built like a tomboy that gay fashion editors love. If boyfriend is a gay fashion editor, you have bigger issues than 10 lbs. Go get a push up bra, a pair of heels and a very low cut V-Neck wrap dress in a flattering color and slightly clingy fabric. And be prepared to smack away the other drooling men.

Done.

Full-skirt Wrap Dress - Victoria's Secret

Here. Done.... and from the side you'll look even better than the noassatall model.

drssgchic is offline Senior Member

Here. Done.... and from the side you'll look even better than the noassatall model.
    Yes. Yes, yes, yes.

Depending on the guy, if he even notices the 10#, he might even like it- so what you need to do is dress yourself so YOU think you look va-va-voom. If YOU think you do, so will he.

(as someone who hates to admit I'm a bigger size, but knows how clothes are supposed to fit, if you want to be an 8, but the 10 fits, go with the 10. You'll look better, which will make you feel better, which is what this is all about, after all.)
    http://cattaillady.com/ My blog exploring the beginning stages of learning how to homestead. With the occasional rant.

Originally Posted by TheFastCat: Less is more more or less

And now I have an Etsy store: CattailsandCalendula

sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    This thread makes me sad. We are not the number on the scale. And who do we become if we work out for half the day and spend the rest of the day worrying about our bodies? Empty and ready to be treated badly by someone attracted to empty people, that's what. I'm not criticizing the person who started this topic. I'm just sad that this is what is inside of most of us women.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

JennGlob is offline Senior Member

Love this dress!

I think everyone is right, be the best you and feel good about it. I too am a little "crazy" about my weight. Being short, 10 lbs is noticable, but if you own it and feel good about yourself he won't care. Just don't ever bring up your weight to him or another man again. Weight is only to be discussed here and with the most trusted girlfriends. Trust me, it won't do you any good to admit a physical "flaw" to a man.
    Primal since 4/7/2012

Starting weight 140
    Current weigh 126

www.jenniferglobensky.blogspot.com

Jennifer

bloodorchid is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Yay, gota love the guys response... haha thanks for the encouragement
    hey hey, i'm a lady

but in your defense i can see how it might be confusing, since i'm super cooler than kenn

eta: to elaborate, because i'm sleepy and realize what's in my brain doesn't translate to type in 3 words or less, kenn's not cool because he has male genitalia
    Last edited by bloodorchid; 12-01-2012 at 07:51 AM.
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast