Thread: Switching lifestyles after years of issues page

Ann
    Ann is offline Junior Member

Switching lifestyles after years of issues

Primal Fuel
    I am a 30 years old mom of 4 small kids. I've let myself go terribly and have for the last 2 yeas been trying to fix it. When my youngest dd was discovered to have celiacs the whole house went gluten free. A lot of mysterious problems I'd had for years vanished but my weight was not coming off despite working out and religious calorie counting. I had another baby and the post baby weight loss completely stopped and I am still, 10 months later, 210 lbs at 5'3''.

I don't look it, I carry my weight well, but I feel it! My husband and children are gazelles and I'm an elephant. I may never be long and lean like them but I certainly want to change my life and how I feel. I have been eating primal for 2 days and managed to keep my carbs at 100 yesterday and 76 today. I ate plenty. My calories for both days were around 1500. The reason I even looked more into low carb eating is my brother. He lost 130 lbs over the course of a year and a half and has kept it off for a year. He eats 50 grams of carbs or less when he needs to loose weight and eats no more than 200 when maintaining. He is 154 lbs and 5'7. He inspired me, and to be honest, spurred my jealousy a bit! We are a competitive bunch!

I hope to loose around 65 lbs over the next year. I want to set a good example to my children and be healthy for them.

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Awesome! Slow and steady wins the race. Stay the course and expect occasional plateaus. Definitely read the threads dedicated to women.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

U2sandrah is offline Senior Member
    Yeah! Stick to it! Sometimes it will feel a bit too slow and a bit too steady in the weight loss department, but since going grain-free I have more energy at the end of the day and no more IBS symptoms! Take it one small goal per time, keep it sustainable and then move on to the next!
    "If you can dream, then dream out loud" - Bono.

Ann
    Ann is offline Junior Member
    I am an absolute carb addict. When I eat bread or pasta I just want more, more, more. Cutting gluten and processed foods really helped with that addiction but I still ate way too much corn pasta and rice. I could be totally full and still want more. The idea of getting my carbs from grain free sources is still alien. I love to cook and not being able to make and eat a beautiful loaf of bread or cake breaks my heart a little. I really hope I can come up with delicious meals and occasional desserts that will please family and friends.

U2sandrah is offline Senior Member
    Devour information, recipes, success stories and you'll feel the grain-free concept a little less alien. This coming from a serious weekend baker (muffins, brownies, cakes, cookies, in every kind of grain flour you can imagine), a complete bread+butter lover, bread+olive oil soaker, a corn-on-the-cob fan, a japanese with a rice-addict family!. This can be done!!
    A couple of nights ago I dined out and somehow found the strength to pass on the bread basket and donate the fries that came with the steak!
    State your goals and remember this: how do you eat start eating a mammoth of an idea? piece by piece...
    "If you can dream, then dream out loud" - Bono.

michaelroberts is offline Junior Member
    It is just a matter of discipline in yourself.You should impose in your mind what you need to do. I have been in this situation and I really find it hard to get away with this addiction. But because I'm determined to do it, I did success. I am thankful with those people who helped with this. Diesel Strength and Conditioning | Strength Training for Athletes was a very helpful community during my fight with my carb addiction. They help me with the things I should do.

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Ann View Post
    I am an absolute carb addict. When I eat bread or pasta I just want more, more, more. Cutting gluten and processed foods really helped with that addiction but I still ate way too much corn pasta and rice. I could be totally full and still want more. The idea of getting my carbs from grain free sources is still alien. I love to cook and not being able to make and eat a beautiful loaf of bread or cake breaks my heart a little. I really hope I can come up with delicious meals and occasional desserts that will please family and friends.
    I made my pasta-loving wife a butternut and acorn squash soup last night, she proclaimed it the greatest thing I had created in the kitchen in a decade of being together. If you love to cook, then you should be excited as you have a whole new fresh set of recipe ideas to explore.