Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Whey Protein "PIG SLOP" page

DetroitRemedy is offline Member

Whey Protein "PIG SLOP"

Shop Now
    Correct me if Im wrong but, At one point in time whey protein was considered pig slop?
    Why all of a sudden in the past 10 years its the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    Sources and Reasons why i think there are better sources, NON DAIRY.
    1.Our bodies were not designed to digest dairy.
    2.Additionally, modern dairy products come from cows that are given a variety of hormones and medications and unnatural foods designed to keep them producing as much milk as possible. These chemicals are then passed to humans through dairy products. In short, dairy is not a healthy foundation to a diet. Dairy should be limited, if not eliminated in a healthy diet.
    3.Organic milk still has 59 bioactives hormones."COWS MILK IS DESIGNED FOR BABY CALVES"
    Whey proteins are noted for causing bloating, a symptom of the body’s difficulty in digesting it. Additionally, many who have taken whey powder protein as a part of body building have noted that the muscles built do not maintain, and disappear quickly if the whey protein is no longer used.
    4.Hemp protein closely resembles the protein of the human body.
    5.Brazil nuts are known as one of the most calorie dense types of vegan foods and they are also 50% protein. Brazil nuts have a high selenium content, which means it is a powerful antioxidant
    6.Chlorella and Spirulina are other forms of plant based proteins that are used by vegetarians and vegans. These are 100% whole foods from the ocean / plant kingdom. This type of protein is 100% assimilated by the body, is full of minerals and chlorophyll, and you will gain the extra benefit of having this assist your body in detoxification of heavy metals.
    7.The ‘new’ protein on the market – is a very silky smooth sprouted brown rice protein. This particular protein uses old world processes of combining the sprouted endosperm and the bran from raw sprouted whole grain brown rice. The unique process creates the first complete hypoallergenic protein which is made up of all 9 essential amino acids and the other non-essential amino acids in a perfectly balanced amino acid profile. This 85% protein is an easy transition from whey. It delivers more protein per scoop (16 grams) than hemp – and is very easy on the digestive system. Unlike other extraction processes their method of extraction uses neither chemicals nor acid hydrolysis. They use only organic enzymes during the process and the process is 100% organic compliant.
    8.Whatever type of plant-based protein is used, it is always best if the processing involved does not heat the ingredients. Avoid ingredients that are never heated over 90 degrees Fahrenheit.

It is very common for those interested in bodybuilding to make the claim that a plant-based protein simply cannot assist in muscle growth in the same way as an animal derived protein (like whey). However, it is not difficult to observe that herbivore animals like gorillas or horses possess lean, strong muscles. In fact, many bodybuilders who have changed from whey to a plant based protein have noted that the muscle built from plant-based protein is more solid, very dense and much longer lasting.

DetroitRemedy is offline Member
    Are protein powders even Paleo? Are they real food? Or isolated versions. Why don't we just eat something.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Paleo? No, overly processed. But many people still use the most simple/"clean" versions with minimal additives and flavoring for convenience.

I could be wrong, but I didn't think plant protein was as bioavailable for most people as dairy-based protein is.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Owly is offline Senior Member
    Lol! Because hemp and brown rice proteins are totally more paleo than dairy! You seriously think that hemp or rice protein is less processed or more appropriate to the human digestive system? You should perhaps stop reading the vegan propaganda. Your post smells suspiciously like a sales pitch.
    “If I didn't define myself for myself, I would be crunched into other people's fantasies for me and eaten alive.” --Audre Lorde

Owly's Journal

jojohaligo is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitRemedy View Post
    Additionally, many who have taken whey powder protein as a part of body building have noted that the muscles built do not maintain, and disappear quickly if the whey protein is no longer used.
    Maybe it's because they are eating less protein. I would want to know if these body builders maintained the same level of protein intake and workout schedule, and then their muscles became smaller.

In fact, many bodybuilders who have changed from whey to a plant based protein have noted that the muscle built from plant-based protein is more solid, very dense and much longer lasting.
    Again, are their muscles lasting longer while they are maintaining the same intake level of protein?

These claims really mean nothing.
    Female, age 51, 5' 9"
    SW - 183 (Jan 22, 2012), CW - 159, GW - healthy.

Met my 2012 goals by losing 24 pounds.
    2013 goals are to get fit and strong!

tarek is offline Senior Member
    I mean, personally, I find that I do better on plant-based protein powders, but this post reeks of spam.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Maybe you should try leaf curd. That is plant protein and you can make it yourself, if you dare. I prefer to have a steak, personally, as I don't consider protein powder to be "real food"(TM).
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    Why are we talking to spammers now?

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

Leida is offline Senior Member
    I prefer eating my home-made quark instead of whey protein. It has a touch of carb, but it's home-fermented, it tastes great and it is versatile.

Hemp protein is not a pig slop material, because I doubt any pig would ever volounterely eat it.
    My Journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread57916.html
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.

AMonkey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitRemedy View Post
    Correct me if Im wrong but, At one point in time whey protein was considered pig slop?
    Why all of a sudden in the past 10 years its the greatest thing since sliced bread.
    Sources and Reasons why i think there are better sources, NON DAIRY.
    1.Our bodies were not designed to digest dairy.
    2.Additionally, modern dairy products come from cows that are given a variety of hormones and medications and unnatural foods designed to keep them producing as much milk as possible. These chemicals are then passed to humans through dairy products. In short, dairy is not a healthy foundation to a diet. Dairy should be limited, if not eliminated in a healthy diet.
    3.Organic milk still has 59 bioactives hormones."COWS MILK IS DESIGNED FOR BABY CALVES"
    Whey proteins are noted for causing bloating, a symptom of the body’s difficulty in digesting it. Additionally, many who have taken whey powder protein as a part of body building have noted that the muscles built do not maintain, and disappear quickly if the whey protein is no longer used.
    4.Hemp protein closely resembles the protein of the human body.
    5.Brazil nuts are known as one of the most calorie dense types of vegan foods and they are also 50% protein. Brazil nuts have a high selenium content, which means it is a powerful antioxidant
    6.Chlorella and Spirulina are other forms of plant based proteins that are used by vegetarians and vegans. These are 100% whole foods from the ocean / plant kingdom. This type of protein is 100% assimilated by the body, is full of minerals and chlorophyll, and you will gain the extra benefit of having this assist your body in detoxification of heavy metals.
    7.The ‘new’ protein on the market – is a very silky smooth sprouted brown rice protein. This particular protein uses old world processes of combining the sprouted endosperm and the bran from raw sprouted whole grain brown rice. The unique process creates the first complete hypoallergenic protein which is made up of all 9 essential amino acids and the other non-essential amino acids in a perfectly balanced amino acid profile. This 85% protein is an easy transition from whey. It delivers more protein per scoop (16 grams) than hemp – and is very easy on the digestive system. Unlike other extraction processes their method of extraction uses neither chemicals nor acid hydrolysis. They use only organic enzymes during the process and the process is 100% organic compliant.
    8.Whatever type of plant-based protein is used, it is always best if the processing involved does not heat the ingredients. Avoid ingredients that are never heated over 90 degrees Fahrenheit.

It is very common for those interested in bodybuilding to make the claim that a plant-based protein simply cannot assist in muscle growth in the same way as an animal derived protein (like whey). However, it is not difficult to observe that herbivore animals like gorillas or horses possess lean, strong muscles. In fact, many bodybuilders who have changed from whey to a plant based protein have noted that the muscle built from plant-based protein is more solid, very dense and much longer lasting.
    1. Some of our bodies are "designed" to digest dairy, which is why some people have the enzyme lactase to digest lactose.
    2. Depends on where you live. Buy organic if you don't want antibiotics and better living conditions. Buy grass fed dairy.
    3. "Whey proteins are noted for causing bloating, a symptom of the body’s difficulty in digesting it. " If you can't disgest it, don't use it. Typically this is a symptom of lactose intolerance. "Additionally, many who have taken whey powder protein as a part of body building have noted that the muscles built do not maintain, and disappear quickly if the whey protein is no longer used." Bullshit.
    4-8: great. Use these sources if you want to.

"It is very common for those interested in bodybuilding to make the claim that a plant-based protein simply cannot assist in muscle growth in the same way as an animal derived protein (like whey). However, it is not difficult to observe that herbivore animals like gorillas or horses possess lean, strong muscles."
    Which form of protein is best, may be an interesting debate. However trying to justify the superiority of vegetable sources of protein by using animal models, which have different digestive systems, is retarded.

"In fact, many bodybuilders who have changed from whey to a plant based protein have noted that the muscle built from plant-based protein is more solid, very dense and much longer lasting." Source or bullshit.

The reason whey protein is so popular is because its cheap, its effective, it mixes well and it tastes good.
    Last edited by AMonkey; 11-30-2012 at 02:47 PM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast