Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Whey Protein "PIG SLOP" page 9

DetroitRemedy is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I got enough oxygen to hold my breath, you don't because your too acidic.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Is that a quip on my protein intake or attitude? (both I suppose )

To clarify you were insinuating that protein will give me leaky gut in some matter?
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 12-03-2012 at 05:12 PM.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    I'm not even sure what this discussion is about anymore, but I consume whey isolate protein powder about 4 times a week and I'm still around to tell about it. I just choose the least junky kind I can find, sweetened with Stevia. Makes great creamy coconut milk and berry smoothies.
    I still think real food is better, but this is my one and only sweet treat and I'm not giving it up.

Knifegill is online now Senior Member
    I got enough oxygen to hold my breath, you don't because your too acidic.
    So now you're a magic underwater monkey? How miraculously long can you hold your breath, oh great one?

And I'm sorry your stomach is broken, but I digest ALL my protein. I'm eating a pound of bacon right now, and it's all going to dissolve quite nicely, like it always does. Maybe if I ate a bunch of fruit I'd have problems, but I don't, so I won't.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    Tremendous worms of a swarthy nature pursue me across the sandy blank sky. I stop to think. What the devil AM I up to?!

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

oxide is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    I think whey powders are processed foods and therefor not really Primal.
    I won't argue with that, but dairy is my 20%. 1 scoop whey powder in the breakfast smoothie. I ditched the yogurt so I could put a little half-and-half in my one coffee. Just can't get used to steak for breakfast. It's okay for me because I tolerate dairy, but everyone's mileage varies.
    5'0" female, 42 years old. Started Primal October 31, 2011, at a skinny fat 111.5 lbs. Low weight: 99.5 lb on a fast. Current weight: 105.5 lbs because of sugar cheating.

MY PRIMAL: I (try to) follow by-the-book primal as advocated by Mark Sisson, except for whey powder and a bit of cream. I aim for 80-90 g carb/day and advocate a two-month strict adjustment for newbies. But everybody is different and other need to tweak Primal to their own needs.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by oxide View Post
    I won't argue with that, but dairy is my 20%. 1 scoop whey powder in the breakfast smoothie. I ditched the yogurt so I could put a little half-and-half in my one coffee. Just can't get used to steak for breakfast. It's okay for me because I tolerate dairy, but everyone's mileage varies.
    I have no problem with dairy and don't even see it as relegated to the 20%. I love raw cream in my coffee. For me the YMMV line about dairy is drawn at only having raw or fermented dairy products and staying with the higher fat varieties. One of the things I have always liked about Mark and Primal (as opposed to some more hardline gurus such as Cordain) is that you are treated like an adult and decisions like having dairy (or not)in your diet are left up to the individual.

DetroitRemedy is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    goats whey better?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789