Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Whey Protein "PIG SLOP" page 2

AshleyL is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    "It is very common for those interested in bodybuilding to make the claim that a plant-based protein simply cannot assist in muscle growth in the same way as an animal derived protein (like whey). However, it is not difficult to observe that herbivore animals like gorillas or horses possess lean, strong muscles."

And, if you'll notice, both those critters have huge guts. They, particularly horses, have very different digestion than we do! They have huge fermentation vats in their guts.
    Give me one small waisted vegetarian animal.
    Most of your bad info on dairy is from pasteurized, homogenized milk from cows fed on high amounts of soy.

Also, why do you think farmers would feed whey to pigs? Makes them grow and put on muscle... And pigs are single stomached, unlike horses!

iconoclast79 is offline Senior Member
    Looks like the OP is trying to force feed us vegan spam. Yuck!

My massive pastured bacon, mushroom, onion frittata made w/ pastured eggs tastes much better, and is actually real primal food. Goes real well w/ some raw sheep milk cheese on top and grassfed sour cream on the side.

DetroitRemedy is offline Member
    hhaha this is funny...spammer? and im not vegan or vegetarian, im omnivore. All i was saying is there are way better choices than dairy. And im not selling anything. slow down people haha, just was making some opinions i have.
    Last edited by DetroitRemedy; 11-30-2012 at 03:42 PM. Reason: missing info

Quote Originally Posted by AMonkey View Post
    1. Some of our bodies are "designed" to digest dairy, which is why some people have the enzyme lactase to digest lactose.
    2. Depends on where you live. Buy organic if you don't want antibiotics and better living conditions. Buy grass fed dairy.
    3. "Whey proteins are noted for causing bloating, a symptom of the body’s difficulty in digesting it. " If you can't disgest it, don't use it. Typically this is a symptom of lactose intolerance. "Additionally, many who have taken whey powder protein as a part of body building have noted that the muscles built do not maintain, and disappear quickly if the whey protein is no longer used." Bullshit.
    4-8: great. Use these sources if you want to.

"It is very common for those interested in bodybuilding to make the claim that a plant-based protein simply cannot assist in muscle growth in the same way as an animal derived protein (like whey). However, it is not difficult to observe that herbivore animals like gorillas or horses possess lean, strong muscles."
    Which form of protein is best, may be an interesting debate. However trying to justify the superiority of vegetable sources of protein by using animal models, which have different digestive systems, is retarded.

"In fact, many bodybuilders who have changed from whey to a plant based protein have noted that the muscle built from plant-based protein is more solid, very dense and much longer lasting." Source or bullshit.

The reason whey protein is so popular is because its cheap, its effective, it mixes well and it tastes good.
    1.In humans, “there is a natural weaning process that occurs between 5 – 7 years of age, when the lactase enzyme that breaks down the lactose, or milk sugar, is no longer secreted.” It is basically a natural weaning process that all mammals experience, since most mammals lose the ability to digest their mother’s milk once they can venture on their own and find their own source of food. In fact, according to a study done in the 70’s, “most of the world’s human adults are lactose intolerant.”
    2.like i stated, All cows milk has 59 bioactive hormones. one is a powerful GROWTH hormone called Insulin- like Growth Factor ONE (IGF-1). <<<cancer.
    I think "It's not natural for humans to drink cow's milk. Humans milk is for humans. Cow's milk is for calves. You have no more need of cow's milk than you do rats milk, horses milk or elephant's milk. Cow's milk is a high fat fluid exquisitely designed to turn a 65 lb baby calf into a 400 lb cow. That's what cow's milk is for!"
    Why cant we just eat a good protein source, why does it have to be in an isolated powder form?

All i gotta say is gluten free, Non GMO, Hypo-Allergenic, The ultimate superfood-Bio-fermented Raw sprouted whole grain brown rice proein.Complete amino-acid profile for 98.2% assimalilation..... sales pitch? I sell tshirts lol. Im not vegan Im omnivore.Its what we are.

cows milk is not good for us organic or not. Milk can be thought of as "liquid meat" because of its high protein content which, in concert with other proteins, may actually LEACH calcium from the body. Countries that consume high protein diets (meat, milk and dairy) have the highest rates of osteoporosis.

Quote Originally Posted by iconoclast79 View Post
    Looks like the OP is trying to force feed us vegan spam. Yuck!

My massive pastured bacon, mushroom, onion frittata made w/ pastured eggs tastes much better, and is actually real primal food. Goes real well w/ some raw sheep milk cheese on top and grassfed sour cream on the side.
    stop!! im not vegan lol , I just think milk is bad!!! organic or not. milk is for babies.

Quote Originally Posted by tarek View Post
    I mean, personally, I find that I do better on plant-based protein powders, but this post reeks of spam.
    just because i have an opinion im vegan or spam, lol thanks alot hahha

Timthetaco Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DetroitRemedy View Post
    2.like i stated, All cows milk has 59 bioactive hormones. one is a powerful GROWTH hormone called Insulin- like Growth Factor ONE (IGF-1). <<<cancer.
    Do the Massai know that? You should go tell them.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Dont you think we are getting enough protein in our diets. we wonder why everyones PH is all screwed up. crazy high acidic diets..milk meat dairy oh and milk still goes through Pasteurization and Homogenization. Isnt it illegal to sell milk that hasnt been through the process and please just trying to have a friendly debate.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast