Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Many Carbs (Net too) Do YOU eat in a day? page

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member

How Many Carbs (Net too) Do YOU eat in a day?

Primal Fuel
    I am on week 2 of my 4 week primal experiment. It is going really well and am loving living primal more and more as each day passes.

I just filled in my food details for day 1 which was back on April 5 (yea I am a bit behind).

Here are the big numbers:

Cals: 2319
    Fat: 154.5
    Protein: 87.8
    Carbs: 158.4
    Fiber: 49.5
    Net Carbs: 108.9

Here are my caloric percentages:
    Fat: 60
    Protein: 15
    Carbs: 26

My goal is under 150 grams of carbs a day. Well, I failed for day 1 but I know I have done better since then.

My question to all of you is this.

How many carbs a day do you shoot for? What about net carbs? Is 100 for total carbs or net carbs?

I mean, if I am getting 50 grams of fiber in a day then maybe 158 isn't as bad as it first looks?

I would love your thoughts!!!

Thanks guys!!!!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

lil_earthmomma is offline Senior Member
    My ceiling is 50 g of carbs a day, but I prefer to be under 40 g as I'm trying to lose weight. I maintain at around 100g very easily. I can't even imagine eating more than 100g in one day any more, I'd feel so gross!!! lol

BarbeyGirl is offline Senior Member
    65-85g total. I haven't looked much at net, but they're almost all in veggies so I'd guess 20-40 net.

Mark's recommendations are for total carbs. Atkins recommendations are for net carbs.
    Nightlife ~ Chronicles of Less Urban Living, Fresh from In the Night Farm ~ Idaho's Primal Farm! http://inthenightlife.wordpress.com/

Latest post: Stop Being Stupid

MalPaz is offline Senior Member
    seems liek if i get over 40-50 total carbs a day i am losing out on valuable nutrients and vitamins and can and should be getting elsewhere.

Sungrazer is offline Senior Member
    My energy intake is about 80% / 15% / 5%. I try to shoot for around 20 - 30 grams of carb, but it varies. And to day I did a bad judgement and had some so called "meat" balls at work. Turned out they were laden with starches of some kind, most likely wheat because I am now out of ketosis, bloated and feel like crap.
    Sometimes you need to be told the truth in order to be able to see it.

My journal

I see grain people...

Exist in shadow, drifting away.

Agatsu is offline Member
    My original goal was to stay below 100, but I've found that I naturally hang in the 40-50 range.
    Your goals, minus your doubts, equals your reality.
    - Ralph Marston

Primal Toad is offline Senior Member
    Damn guys... you are ALL kicking my ass!

The Larabar (may not do it again) and the pineapple I ate came in at 50g...

But, I am actually trying to gain weight.... well, kind of. I weigh in around 133 and I am 5'9". I workout 5-6 days a week - primal activities. About 4 months ago I weighed around 145... then I cut out dairy and well I just started to lose weight. I guess I was cutting out grains too.

Well, I can't wait to plug in my numbers for the next few days because I know 158 is very high.

Another question...

How much fruit do you all eat in a single day? Bell Pepper, avocado, olives, etc. does not count. I am talking about banana, berries, apples, etc.

Thanks!
    Find me at aToadontheRoad.com. Cheers!

AppalachianMatt is offline Senior Member
    I strive for between 125-150 per day of Carbs add another 150-160g of Proteina nd a good heaping of fat. I think for a while I was getting enough fat in my diet and my results weren't where I wanted them. I started adding more avacado and bacon grease and good to go now.
    Today is a new day. You will get out of it just what you put into it. If you have made mistakes, there is always another chance for you. And supposing you have tried and failed again and again, you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing we call 'Failure' is not the falling down, but the staying down.

Mary Pickford

Beef Cake is offline Senior Member
    My goal is between 50 to 100g of Carbs (total). My range is between 80 to 148 with the average per week coming in around 90 to 120. I also aim for 63 to 108g of fat and 147 to 180g of protein. I like to keep my calorie total between 2000 to 2100 until I get to my goal bodyfat of 8%. My recommended calorie intake, according to daily burn and Fit Day is 2,900 to maintain weight and 3,200 to gain muscle. So far, I like the way my body is conforming to my wishes on the reduced carbs that consist mostly of a variety of seasonal vegetables. I "appear" to be gaining muscle (tone) and my pants are becoming too big for my waist.

Danger_Dave is offline Junior Member
    When you cut out all the bad processed, refined carbs its hard to get over 100g a day. I average around 65g... I love a banana after a workout or a sweet potato... Berries are great in shakes or on salad. If you are trying to gain weight (as too am I) the 'best' way is to up your weight on your lifting and increase your protein to maintain mass. Muscle weighs more and is a much healthier look IMO... Good luck, stick with it, I have found its a processes and it takes time to find the right balance

p.s. Larabars have added omega 6, I have been preaching the omega ratio because I think its an important thing to keep an eye on. Shoot for a 1:1
    Itís the idea that people living close to nature tend to be noble. Itís seeing all those sunsets that does it. You canít watch a sunset and then go off and set fire to your neighborís tepee. Living close to nature is wonderful for your mental health.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast