Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: getting rid of bloating page 2

magnolia1973 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I have occasional issues with tomatoes, avocado, coconut and potatoes making me reflux and bloat. For me, it seems to be about overdoing it on certain foods. Like when I did Whole 30, I ate a probably 2 avocados a day at times. Or too much coconut.

Half an avocado or a small amount of salsa or a small potato don't seem to cause issues. But it's easy to start eating large amounts of these foods when you limit your diet. It appears for me that dairy is not a culprit, but I don't over-do that. I keep it to at most 2 servings a day.

Maybe try and keep a food diary and see if you can ID any trends. That or try a Whole 30 and eliminate all the dairy and see what happens.

http://maggiesfeast.wordpress.com/
    Check out my blog. Hope to share lots of great recipes and ideas!

RenegadeRN is offline Member
    What about fructose malabsorption? I had never heard of it till 2008 when the Gastro doc diagnosed me.

Surprisingly, a little fruit is ok, but coconut meat, and onions, garlic, wheat and a few other things called fructans are a bloating nightmare.
    Everyone has their own personal gut limits of fructose, and some, like me, it's the fructans and amount that do it.
    On breaking out of the healthcare box..."Box? What box? Take cover, it's gonna get ugly... "

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magnolia1973 View Post
    But it's easy to start eating large amounts of these foods when you limit your diet.
    Yes, this is true for me. I tend to eat a lot of eggs, avocados, coconut, curd, and veggies when eliminating legumes and grains.

But my bloating was much much worse when I was vegetarian, so legumes was a huge part of it. I'm less bloated now, but still bloated/gassy enough that it bothers me.

girlhk is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by RenegadeRN View Post
    What about fructose malabsorption? I had never heard of it till 2008 when the Gastro doc diagnosed me.

Surprisingly, a little fruit is ok, but coconut meat, and onions, garlic, wheat and a few other things called fructans are a bloating nightmare.
    Everyone has their own personal gut limits of fructose, and some, like me, it's the fructans and amount that do it.
    I have never heard of fructose malabsorption until I began reading MDA forums. But I don't eat much fruit except avocado... and not daily.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12