Thread: Primal Journal - Irishfoxy page

irishfoxy is offline Member

Primal Journal - Irishfoxy

Starting fresh now, as for some reason my account was deactivated as spam and all my threads disappeared... have no idea what happened, but at least I can use my account again!

Fell of the wagon primal-wise recently, but trying again as of tonight. I can't believe how hard it is to follow if the groceries get low. But we're all stocked up and dinner tonight was steak and buttered carrots. And a couple glasses of milk - a bit much there, but my last jug spoiled somehow (wasn't expired, but definitely soured) and I haven't had any the last couple days.

And of course, I couldn't resist a Montreal smoked meat sandwich for lunch today... but really, who could? The owner of the bistro, Dahlia's, orders the smoked meat from Montreal directly, and it's super yummy. That will be a 20% thing.

Feeling pleasantly stuffed now, so gonna go study and watch tv!
    28 years old, insurance broker
    starting weight 195 lbs (5'4")
    working on losing weight, getting active, and curing my GERD

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    welcome back, Irishfoxy.

I haven't updated my journal in 2 months! Well, at least I have progress to report - 182 lbs. Down 13 lbs since I started, I feel great about that. I keep looking at myself in the mirror and seeing that, while I still have the same front profile curves, when I turn sideways I can see that my stomach is flatter. Great!

This is even considering that I didn't stick to the plan all december - went visiting, ate cookies and stuffing and mashed potatoes. But for most of January I was focusing on avoiding wheat specifically, grains in general, and lower carbs overall.

Has anyone ever tried the Master Cleanse? I have a friend doing it (she's into healthy foods, but still eats grains and such), and so I thought I'd try it too. I lasted 2 days - my reflux started to kick in, and honestly I couldn't bear the thought of not eating. I love food! It wasn't that I was hungry, I just wanted the taste of food. But it dropped me 6 of the 13 lbs. And I have confidence now that I can do IF without issues.

So.... been slipping lately. That damned bread! I have to start sticking to this though, i really want to lose that extra weight. I should try some IF's, it worked really well the first time to kick start things.

I'm reading Wheat Belly, and wow i can't put it down. I'm going to have to reread it to make sure i'm catching it all, because I keep speeding through it. It makes a lot of sense though in that all of our obesity and diabetes and celiac and everything really got bad when they started modifying wheat. Hopefully i can convince my sweety to stop eating wheat for a while and see how it goes. We phased back in potatoes, corn and peas, but I sure do eat a lot less of them now. I love that a good snack is an apple and hunk of cheese - exactly what I crave, and nobody can tell me the cheese is bad for me and going to make me fat.

I made a super yummy stir fry tonight - grilled stew meat, soy sauce, ginger, garlic, onions, mushrooms, and bok choy. Been making big pots of stuff for sweety's lunches, so that at least he's eating healthy.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I made a huge pot of chicken vegetable soup tonight! I had two carcasses, some random bits of meat and bone, and a container of "leftovers" (chicken gravy, mashed potatoes and carrots) in the freezer, so I transformed that, a package of chicken thighs, a squash and some other veggies into three individual and three double containers of soup, to be frozen. It's so much easier to prep lunches when there are some soups, stews, and such in the freezer.

Lunch today was taco meat reheated, with salsa, sour cream and cheese. And an apple. It was so good i wished there was twice as much (but less apple lol). I might do that more often, maybe even prep some of that in advance too.