Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Primal at Starbucks page

MyPrimalLife is offline Senior Member

Primal at Starbucks

Primal Fuel
    Finally found something at Starbucks that's primal and doesn't taste like ass:

Pike Place Roast made with heavy whipping cream.

By my estimation it's 0 carbs and 0 sugar. The whipping cream kills the bitterness of the coffee and produces a great flavor.

Price weights in at $1.75 or so for a tall. I usually make my coffee at home but if I'm out or if I'm going to Starbucks with friends this is a great substitution for the sugar-filled frappacinos I used to get.

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member
    I usually get an Americano with cream, Pike Place isn't strong enough for me!!
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

bootson is offline Senior Member
    Sounds more primal than the caramel frappucino I had there last week... Eep.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Plain green tea is primal in my opinion. That's what I would get a starbucks if I every wanted to pay 10 times more for lower quality.

I hate those pastries just tempting me. It wouldn't be so bad if they had some chicken right next to it but it's just a massive display of refined carbs

Fuck starbucks.

MyPrimalLife is offline Senior Member
    Megg,

Heavy cream?

dragonmamma is offline Senior Member
    FREE COFFEE tomorrow (Thursday) at Starbucks if you bring in a refillable/commuter mug. Just regular brewed, no lattes or other fancy-shmancy drinks.

Hey, Stabby, don't forget to get one of those two-pound muffins as long as you're there.

Stabby is offline Senior Member
    Oh gosh considering my carb intake these days that would be comparable to a big fat line of cocaine. *wince*

Chaohinon is offline Senior Member
    On a hot day, try the iced passion tea. It has 0 calories and yet tastes like fruit juice.

periquin is offline Senior Member
    Stabby, I agree with you about Starbucks. By their own admission they sell image, not fine coffee. I enjoy coffee,but at home.

Interesting that for something like four years in a row whoever judges coffee has decided that the best coffee is available at Dunkin Donuts, closely followed by 7-11.

I noticed that Dunkin Donuts has placed bags of their coffee in supermarkets---at a premium price.

Meggilizz is offline Senior Member
    Yes? I mainly go through the drive through and ask for americano with cream. I'll have to ask the next time I go if they're using whole cream or half & half.
    "It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast